• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Trek #8 Gold Key Signature Series

12 posts in this topic

According to the CGC census, there are 34 signature series slabbed copies of Gold Key Star Trek #8.  No information is provided on the breakdown of actor/creator signatures on the copies, and none of the signature series copies available for sale now on E-Bay were signed by Nimoy.

I'm especially fond of this issue, as the cover photo features the main cast in its entirety.

StarTrek8sale-1.JPG.6d52ab1be0de0d691c696b3b28c7acf2.JPG

Edited by namisgr

32 minutes ago, namisgr said:

According to the CGC census, there are 34 signature series slabbed copies of Gold Key Star Trek #8.  No information is provided on the breakdown of actor/creator signatures on the copies, and none of the signature series copies available for sale now on E-Bay were signed by Nimoy.

I'm especially fond of this issue, as the cover photo features the main cast in its entirety.

This is also my favorite cover.  When I was a kid my best friend gave me his copy (1974 or so).  I still have it today :)  I'm just a few issues short of the entire run.

1 hour ago, namisgr said:

Exactly. I called up CGC and they said they don't have that level of detail if Nimoy ever signed this issue. I'm hunting a Nimoy autographed comic but this is the cover I would prefer! If you have any leads on Nimoy autographed comics outside of ebay, feel free to let me know.

33 minutes ago, mcribar said:

This is also my favorite cover.  When I was a kid my best friend gave me his copy (1974 or so).  I still have it today :)  I'm just a few issues short of the entire run.

Yes. I love this cover! If you have any leads on Nimoy autographed comics outside of ebay, feel free to let me know.

3 minutes ago, darkness7 said:

Exactly. I called up CGC and they said they don't have that level of detail if Nimoy ever signed this issue. I'm hunting a Nimoy autographed comic but this is the cover I would prefer! If you have any leads on Nimoy autographed comics outside of ebay, feel free to let me know.

I'd recommend checking GPAnalysis, which is a for-fee database of slabbed comic book sale prices going back over a decade.  Their sales data may (or may not) record whether there have been any sales of this issue officially signed and witnessed by Nimoy - I can't look it up for you, as I am no longer a subscriber to the site.

11 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I'd recommend checking GPAnalysis, which is a for-fee database of slabbed comic book sale prices going back over a decade.  Their sales data may (or may not) record whether there have been any sales of this issue officially signed and witnessed by Nimoy - I can't look it up for you, as I am no longer a subscriber to the site.

hmm, that could be a good lead I could follow up on. I don't have a membership to that site but I can ask around if anyone who does could do a quick search form. Thanks for that.

There’s a “want to buy” subforum you could post in here on the Cgc boards.  
if you post high enough price or bounty, my guess is you’ll find out if it exists.

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:
On 4/22/2021 at 3:24 PM, darkness7 said:

Star Trek #8 Gold Key - anyone know if Leonard Nimoy every signed this comic and was graded by CGC? Thanks!!

https://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17103&GSub=627

Nimoy, Shatner, Nichols, Takei and Koenig

:whatthe: (worship)