• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman Original Art

35 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I know this is a little O/T but does anybody have any Miracleman art (some of the better pages may be a little too expensive for me, but especially prelims, sketches, etc.) they want to sell or trade? I've got a link to my CAF gallery in my signature line, so let me know if you see anything. Thanks! - Keith

Extremely tough to find. I can only recall one Heritage auction with a cover.

Hari has a cover (Warrior #2, I think????). Pages hard to find. Rick Vietch sold a page from #15 earlier this year on eBay.

Totlebon used to have a few pages for sale (at prices that would be considered a steal today). I've spoken to him this year and he does not have any for sale at the moment. He may still have some in his possession though.

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Hi,

I have the first appearance of Miracleman on a cover, by the original artist Gary Leach (second appearance overall). It was ctually published in Warrior Magazine #2 as Marvel Man three years before his debut here in the States. I also have a nice interior page by Alan Davis, that took me a while to pry out of a friend's collection. I paid an embarrassingly high amount to get it. It's the first appearance/meeting of Big Ben.

Totleben pages are more numerous than pages by Leach or Davis, but they are also quite expensive, especially pages from the elusive issue #15. People don't seem to part with them.

Keep looking, though, as they do come up from time to time.

If I have time, I'll post scans of the above two pieces sometime tonight.

Best,

Here's the first meeting between Miracleman and Big Ben. Published in Warrior #4, I think, and in the States as part of Miracleman #3 (?). Art by Alan Davis.

davis-mm.gif

And, here's the first ever cover appearance of Miracleman, by the original creator/artist Gary Leach. From Warrior #2, large size art, watercolor. Stunning in person!

leach-warrior2.jpg

Now, if only I could find (or convince someone to sell!) a nice page by Totleben, especially from issue #15......

Hey Hari,

No problem!! Here they are - you may have seen them before, I bought them brom Aaron Bushey, and he has a gallery on CAF.

This is the larger one - 11x13 page, the image area is about about 8x11;

mm14largeprelimsketch4ij.jpg

These two are on the same page,so I scanned them twice so you could get the full image (also on an approx 11x13 page):

miracleman14prelimsketch17ee.jpg

miracleman14prelimsketch29qy.jpg

From what I can tell, Mr. Totleben pasted them onto convention sketch pages prior to selling them originally.

Thanks! - I hope you like them! - Keith

Hey Hari,

No problem!! Here they are - you may have seen them before, I bought them brom Aaron Bushey, and he has a gallery on CAF.

This is the larger one - 11x13 page, the image area is about about 8x11;

mm14largeprelimsketch4ij.jpg

These two are on the same page,so I scanned them twice so you could get the full image (also on an approx 11x13 page):

miracleman14prelimsketch17ee.jpg

miracleman14prelimsketch29qy.jpg]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2341/miracleman14prelimsketch29qy.jpg[/img][/url][/url]

From what I can tell, Mr. Totleben pasted them onto convention sketch pages prior to selling them originally.

Thanks! - I hope you like them! - Keith

Awesome! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Here is the finished product:

9.gif

Dunno how to increase the size. Sorry. frown.gif

Thanks bud. There are several dancing images like that in the story. Aaron Bushey, who I obtained these two from, still has the one that that page is based on. Thanks! - Keith

Here is the finished product:

9.gif

Dunno how to increase the size. Sorry. frown.gif

Thanks bud. There are several dancing images like that in the story. Aaron Bushey, who I obtained these two from, still has the one that that page is based on. Thanks! - Keith

Yes indeed. One of the most beautiful sequences ever.

And, the best story ever in a comic book. hail.gif

Thanks a lot for the compliments. I've wanted some Totleben MM stuff for a LONG time, and when those came up I was sooooo excited.

I love MM #14 - its so much like the calm before the storm that #15 is. Its a great issue.

Man, if only you'd have been wanting Miracleman art last year... I had three pages from Miracleman: Triumphant by Mike Deodato, a page by John Totleben from issue 16 (with all eight drawings Totleben used to create the page, which was done with stats and original art). About four years ago, I owned the Jim Starlin cover art to Miracleman 4. I sold and traded everything away pretty cheaply. I also traded away the preliminary cover to issue 12 by Totleben.

Man, if only you'd have been wanting Miracleman art last year... I had three pages from Miracleman: Triumphant by Mike Deodato, a page by John Totleben from issue 16 (with all eight drawings Totleben used to create the page, which was done with stats and original art). About four years ago, I owned the Jim Starlin cover art to Miracleman 4. I sold and traded everything away pretty cheaply. I also traded away the preliminary cover to issue 12 by Totleben.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Man, I've got a sick feeling in my stomach now. That sounds like some nice stuff - maybe I'll come across it at some point. You don't happen to strill have an image of the prelim to the cover of issue 12, do you? Thanks! - Keith

That's really cool! I love JG Jones stuff - I just picked up one of his prelims for the cover of Villains United #5. I'm really looking forward to his covers for the 52 miniseries.

Thanks! One of the best currently working. Really nice guy to boot! thumbsup2.gif