• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's CAPTAIN AMERICA BRAVE NEW WORLD starring Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford (2025)
2 2

144 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2023 at 3:26 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Not sure what negative narrative you’re referring to, but I’m referring to how it’s okay for Chris Evans to have fun with the as5 thing but when Anthony Mackie does it’s somehow a negative for certain parts of the fan base.

Ah. The good old days. When cheers of, "I upgraded my SUV through resales of my wildly successful Marvel CGC sales" brought howls of joy.

MCU_SUV.gif.3eecd006b15f5f23afbf702c6da514bc.gif

Such a weird way to tease the Red Hulk. 

Like, 1/2 a second flash, at the end, from the back, leaving people to go, wait, what was that?  Huh?

People "in the know" might think it was cool, but seems silly way to do it if you're trying to generate hype in the general public.

I know, I know, there will be more.  Lots more.  So, maybe they decided that a slower roll out to a bigger "reveal" would be more effective. 

But I think it was poorly implemented here.    

Meh. The trailer is okay, not great. Marvel really needs to identify the big bad for this phase and build towards that like the did through the first few phases. If it is not Kang, pick any one of the other major villains in their catalogue and run with it. The formula is pretty straight forward.

Edited by kimik

On 7/12/2024 at 8:52 PM, paperheart said:

for someone that hasn't seen any MCU content since Endgame, this had a more intriguing Winter Soldier like vibe spoiled by appearance of Red Hulk 2c

Agreed. I have long-waited for the Cap series to go back to the espionage styling of Winter Soldier as I think that is a total recipe for success. I was really excited that there were no "super powers" in the trailer...until the end.

On 7/13/2024 at 3:16 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Agreed. I have long-waited for the Cap series to go back to the espionage styling of Winter Soldier as I think that is a total recipe for success. I was really excited that there were no "super powers" in the trailer...until the end.

You also add the element that people will underestimate Sam since he is, "no Steve Rogers".  I like that aspect as it gives Sam a chance to prove his worth as it were. 

I am still disappointed that changed the name of the movie.  I was actually going to wear this to the theater. 

image.thumb.png.6ad11fa7a4a880e0627d95aeeded7f25.png

On 7/13/2024 at 1:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am still disappointed that changed the name of the movie.  I was actually going to wear this to the theater. 

image.thumb.png.6ad11fa7a4a880e0627d95aeeded7f25.png

Was also hoping we might hear this in the marketing, albeit a little heavy for the intended audience - but still part of our 90's consciousness: