• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #6 CGC 7.5 Tale Of Woe!😡
2 2

27 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

How stupid does a company have to be to put their hologram over the artwork that the customer is paying an extra $5 for?  The Thing is almost completely obscured.  Now it's the Fantastic Three.  Complete fail.

Yes that really bothers me too!! Is anyone paying attention to what’s going on?

1 hour ago, Lightning55 said:

How stupid does a company have to be to put their hologram over the artwork that the customer is paying an extra $5 for?  The Thing is almost completely obscured.  Now it's the Fantastic Three.  Complete fail.

As the Joker once said, "You get what you _ deserve!"

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

As the Joker once said, "You get what you _ deserve!"

Sorry 😐 I don't agree with you at all.:ohnoez: I paid for a label that clearly shows all 4 members of the Fantastic Four and that's what I should have received. Whoever designed it failed to incorporate the CGC hologram. They did the same thing on the Thor label. So if you paid for Express grading but instead received Standard grading I could say "you got what you deserved"? :whatthe:

IMG_0823.PNG

Shouldn't even matter what grading tier one uses.  If you paid for a graphic, they shouldn't obscure any important part of the graphic.  Maybe part of the background being covered is ok, but an entire character gone?  Thor's HAMMER gone?  Ridiculous!

It's $5.00 to print an image!  That's more than most comics cost!  The label itself is going to be there anyway, no added cost.  If you are going to charge a lot for doing almost nothing, please at least get that minimal effort right.

I know the hologram logo is a sign of authenticity, but you just PLAN AHEAD and compensate for it.  Not so hard.  Not the first rodeo for the label thing, either.  Figure it out.

Maybe it's a sign of the times.  A lot of mistakes out there in the world these days, and increasing.  I guess that's why "my bad" was invented.

Edited by Lightning55

14 hours ago, Ghastly542454 said:

Sorry 😐 I don't agree with you at all.:ohnoez: I paid for a label that clearly shows all 4 members of the Fantastic Four and that's what I should have received. Whoever designed it failed to incorporate the CGC hologram. They did the same thing on the Thor label. So if you paid for Express grading but instead received Standard grading I could say "you got what you deserved"? :whatthe:

IMG_0823.PNG

Honestly, the hologram sticker is doing a good job of blocking out some of those ugly labels.

This sucks, but I see what happened. That area seemed to have some issue originally but it didn't look as bad. And Handling brought the issue up front and more prominant. But I think the grade would stay the same even though the issue seems more pronounced. Dont know what CGC would do for compensation.

Congrats on your other FF books, that 5 is sublime!!!!

Edited by William-James88