• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 or 252
1 1

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Kingsley didn't even know about the serum until he read Osborn's journals, which was obviously after he was interested in the Goblin and acquiring his equipment. He didn't even suspect it until after his first encounter with Spidey, which made him realize that toys, no matter how powerful, weren't nearly enough to make him his match.

Luckily for him, he was more careful with it, to avoid Osborn's insanity.

Kingsley... Duh and  touche. Mea Culpa... mea Culpa...

Leeds wasn't even really one of the Hobgoblins from what my poor memory recollects. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My main point was that super serum would and should be used more than once. Did they all have to be Goblins? ...no. 

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Because he’s the Green Goblin in a different suit :baiting:

Totally different. Indeed, the hobgoblin bio gives you seizures it is so complicated. GG is all Osborne.

Once Roger Stern took over writing chores on ASM, the title kept improving.  I felt he had a good understanding of Peter, the supporting cast, and what makes Spiderman tick.  I enjoyed his stories with the Black Cat, Juggernaut, Jekyll & Hyde, Tarantula (what a horrible, gruesome transformation & death) and of course, ASM 238 featuring the Intro of the Hobgoblin.  It was a big deal.  Readers couldn't get enough of the character and Roger did an incredible job by teasing us with a cameo appearance here and there, using decoys in a Hobby costume, etc. all to keep  us guessing Hobby's true identity.  The excitement around the character and anticipation of the revel grew with each appearance, and Hobby was a significant character in the Spidey mythos for several years.

By comparison, when ASM 252 was released, it was a WTF moment, as in 'they changed his $%^$ costume?  WTF?'.  It was only later revealed the main reason for doing so was to generate another Spidey toy.  Besides, it was just a 'costume', until ASM 258, when Reed Richards revealed that it was a symbiote.

So, my choice is ASM 238, by a mile.

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Once Roger Stern took over writing chores on ASM, the title kept improving.  I felt he had a good understanding of Peter, the supporting cast, and what makes Spiderman tick.  I enjoyed his stories with the Black Cat, Juggernaut, Jekyll & Hyde, Tarantula (what a horrible, gruesome transformation & death) and of course, ASM 238 featuring the Intro of the Hobgoblin.  It was a big deal.  Readers couldn't get enough of the character and Roger did an incredible job by teasing us with a cameo appearance here and there, using decoys in a Hobby costume, etc. all to keep  us guessing Hobby's true identity.  The excitement around the character and anticipation of the revel grew with each appearance, and Hobby was a significant character in the Spidey mythos for several years.

By comparison, when ASM 252 was released, it was a WTF moment, as in 'they changed his $%^$ costume?  WTF?'.  It was only later revealed the main reason for doing so was to generate another Spidey toy.  Besides, it was just a 'costume', until ASM 258, when Reed Richards revealed that it was a symbiote.

So, my choice is ASM 238, by a mile.

It was never just a costume.  It responded to his thoughts.  It produced its own webs. It wasn’t just a new pair of spandex....

Edited by THE_BEYONDER