• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was Fin Fang Foom inspired Aliens?
2 2

52 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Just recalled another.

Planet of Vampires.

Voyage of the Space Beagle-the Ixtl, gets on board spaceship and proceeds to KILL.  Theylay eggs in humans and reproduce similar to xenomorph.

Ixtl | Alien Species | Fandom

Matter of fact its almost exactly the plot of alien-cat and mouse in ship finally ending in ejecting Ixtl into space.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dank said:

If anyone wants to actually learn, here is the documentary I spoke of. Extremely well done, and I found it compelling.

Of course, I am a die hard Alien fan, though, so my opinion is biased

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8974964/

Learned from Greek and Egyptian mythologies, underground comics, the art of Francis Bacon, and the dark visions of Dan O'Bannon and H.R. Giger. A contemplation on the symbiotic collaborative process of movie-making, the power of myth, and our collective unconscious.

What's about Mayan culture?  They are excellent in Calendar and Time.  There is Aliens vs Predators movie that has a secret of the Mayan complex structure.  Great creation!

Thanks to @Dr. Dank for making me looking for more specific information:

Started with Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft that influenced HR Giger.  Giger's Necronomicon was published in 1977. Giger’s Necronom IV was completed in 1976 which O’Bannon saw and approved his design for the movie. Special Effects designer Carlo Rambaldi designed and constructed Xenomorph.

image.png.b13f54a6b80f60a944886c311d6d8f2b.png

Where did HR Giger get idea of Xenomorph???

Edited by JollyComics

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Learned from Greek and Egyptian mythologies, underground comics, the art of Francis Bacon, and the dark visions of Dan O'Bannon and H.R. Giger. A contemplation on the symbiotic collaborative process of movie-making, the power of myth, and our collective unconscious.

What's about Mayan culture?  They are excellent in Calendar and Time.  There is Aliens vs Predators movie that has a secret of the Mayan complex structure.  Great creation!

Started with Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft that influenced HR Giger.  Giger's Necronomicon was published in 1976. Giger’s Necronom IV was completed in 1976 which O’Bannon saw and approved his design for the movie. Special Effects designer Carlo Rambaldi designed and constructed Xenomorph.

From Xenophobia?  :idea:

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

Started with Necronomicon by HP Lovecraft that influenced HR Giger.  Giger's Necronomicon was published in 1976. Giger’s Necronom IV was completed in 1976 which O’Bannon saw and approved his design for the movie. Special Effects designer Carlo Rambaldi designed and constructed Xenomorph.

Ah Giger. A very enigmatic character. He had said himself his art was derived from the things he saw in his dreams and nightmares.

I desperately wish to see his museum in Sweden

Basically every movie or TV show can be traced back to Stan Lee.  Friends?  Millie the Model.  The Unforgiven?  Rawhide Kid.  Bewitched?  Scarlet Witch.  The list goes on and on.