• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Wundergirl #19 (1977 German Wonder Woman)
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Please help me estimate a grade for this book:

Wundergirl #19 from Germany, 1977

Wonder Woman was named Wundergirl (simply translates to Wonder Girl) in Germany back in the day for whatever reason.

Some of these books had something called “Sammelecke” (engl. “collector’s edge”), which you could remove from the book, collect and send in to get some goodies.

This is missing from this book’s last page. At least it was cut somewhat properly. You can see it in the pictures.

Could you tell me, how this would affect the grade?

BD4C578B-7CA1-4179-AA2C-093CE52C1BED.jpeg

CA711710-3242-415D-BD75-8B4DBB0475CA.jpeg

00D78459-CB09-46DE-899E-DB2DDBF46739.jpeg

E6E95862-67D8-46D1-87CC-75FC0A0742F9.jpeg

86BFB1EB-8EB0-4922-A10E-F23C13F2DC79.jpeg

4CCA326F-E8DC-41E6-B5F6-6FF5321CD314.jpeg

6E8E4DBB-587B-4880-ACC1-249B393EAC4C.jpeg

I'm going to say 6.0 Qualified... assuming CGC identifies the clipped back cover as being the equivalent of a cut Marvel stamp. You may want to contact them ahead of time if you submit this one because the Qualified label is probably preferable to what the back cover cut would get in a blue label.

5 hours ago, Qalyar said:

I'm going to say 6.0 Qualified... assuming CGC identifies the clipped back cover as being the equivalent of a cut Marvel stamp. You may want to contact them ahead of time if you submit this one because the Qualified label is probably preferable to what the back cover cut would get in a blue label.

Yep! All this. ^

I'd guess a 5.5 qualified given the amount of creasing, or a 1.5 universal. Your call I guess if it is worth grading knowing that? Cool book in any case.

18 hours ago, Point Five said:

Yep! All this. ^

I'd guess a 5.5 qualified given the amount of creasing, or a 1.5 universal. Your call I guess if it is worth grading knowing that? Cool book in any case.

After reading all the estimates plus the tips with the green label, I guess I’m going to skip and wait for a better copy to come by. Because, yes, the cover is indeed really neat. :)

It was super helpful again though. Learned some new things about the process. Thanks everybody.

Edited by pxpusher