• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED! THANKS TO ALL!
5 5

692 posts in this topic

Four Color 994, Sea Hunt (#2)

Lloyd  Bridges  photo cover, and this one's a beaut. 
Faint touch of spine/stacking roll,  teensy dogear upper RH FC,  whiff of general wear.  Glossy, tight spine and CF, white pages. 

Asking $30  SOLD AT DISCOUNT!

acVBvCG.jpg

Edited by catrick339

War Comics 10

There's  Jim's  sig in  scrawly pencil,  there's some general wear, and a couple  vertical not-quite-creases center FC,
some of which barely break the color. Flat,  glossy,  tight spine and CF,  white pages. 

Asking $45  SOLD!  per PM

Uxf8oVU.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Supersnipe V2 #3

Dust shadow upper edge FC, small tear  near spine lower  edge FC,  small piece out upper spine. 
Here's where it gets weird. There are  three (Yes, THREE) staples along the spine  offset a bit into the BC.
The lower on matches up perfectly, I suppose it's possible that it's original, but  the upper staple doesn't 
do so, it's obviously a stranger in town, and the center staple is an invader, lol 
I suspect it's been pressed,  and  the front cover mebbe trimmed to boot. 
With all that being said,  it's flat,  tight (With three staples it had better be!) glossy, white pages. 

In spite of it all  I'm asking  $35  SOLD! 

pfScwRn.jpg

Edited by catrick339

That's it! I'm heading back to bed.  

Back here around  1 PM with another handful, this evening around 7PM with a dandy stack. 

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Jet Fighters 5 (#1),  Toth art

Tiny split lower spine,   chip out upper spine,  tiny tear lower edge FC, large dogear lower  RH FC,  upper spine  pulled.
Small  chips off lower edge  BC,  1 tear LH edge  BC, small tears at lower staple BC. Bit of general wear to boot. 
Whew!  With all that said  you'd think it would look like hell,  but  it's really still a pretty copy.  Still firmly  attached 
at lower staple,  displays nicely, good gloss,   tight interior with white pages.

Asking $30

CWZQsx7.jpg

:takeit:

3 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Supersnipe V2 #3

Dust shadow upper edge FC, small tear  near spine lower  edge FC,  small piece out upper spine. 
Here's where it gets weird. There are  three (Yes, THREE) staples along the spine  offset a bit into the BC.
The lower on matches up perfectly, I suppose it's possible that it's original, but  the upper staple doesn't 
do so, it's obviously a stranger in town, and the center staple is an invader, lol 
I suspect it's been pressed,  and  the front cover mebbe trimmed to boot. 
With all that being said,  it's flat,  tight (With three staples it had better be!) glossy, white pages. 

In spite of it all  I'm asking  $35

pfScwRn.jpg

Take!

1 PM,  time for  a few fun funnybooks!

Battlefield 2

Tape inside the cover at  both staples  another small piece on the spine. Otherwise flat and glossy with some small tears lower 
edge BC, very light dust shadow BC, some general wear.  Tight with white pages. 

Asking $25  SOLD!

HD4HVTp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

1 PM,  time for  a few fun funnybooks!

Battlefield 2

Tape inside the cover at  both staples  another small piece on the spine. Otherwise flat and glossy with some small tears lower 
edge BC, very light dust shadow BC, some general wear.  Tight with white pages. 

Asking $25

HD4HVTp.jpg

:takeit:

Here's one I've never seen before.  Picked up a while back from a dealer buddy,  he had several of them.  

Overseas Comics 76, 1945

Distributed for free to  servicemen overseas, this contains  Sunday Funnies reprints.  Included are  Bringing Up Father, 
Popeye,  Joe Palooka, Superman,  Tracy,  Gasoline Alley,  Buz  Sawyer,  Li'L Abner, and some  gag a day strips 
plus Cuties,  a pinup page.  Sixteen full color pages,  glued spine, just slightly larger than a GA  comic.  Fits inside 
a GA bag, although just barely,  and is about a quarter inch taller than the standard backing board.  Reminds me very much of 
a Spirit  section. 
This one is a beauty,  flat, tight,  white pages. 

Asking $75

z6EaEhw.jpg

Battle 22

Well, there's that dangling  chad upper RH FC hanging on by the thinnest of threads.  I half expect it to fall off when
I rebag the book, lol  Flat and tight,   good gloss,  offwhite pages, but there's a teeny  split lower spine  and a bit of
general wear. 

Asking  $35  SOLD!

kqflnvU.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Battle 22

Well, there's that dangling  chad upper RH FC hanging on by the thinnest of threads.  I half expect it to fall off when
I rebag the book, lol  Flat and tight,   good gloss,  offwhite pages, but there's a teeny  split lower spine  and a bit of
general wear. 

Asking  $35

kqflnvU.jpg

Take it

Rawhide Kid 6

Small split with piece out lower spine, small corner off upper RH BC,  tiny split on spine above lower staple.  
Otherwise flat,  clean,  glossy,  tight spine  and CF, minimal  general wear,  light dust shadow upper BC. 

Asking  $50, pretty firm on this one. 

FD9trGH.jpg

Combat Casey 13

Neat Jim  sig in pencil  FC,  teensy chip off lower  RH FC bit of  stacking roll, minimal at lower spine,  pretty  obvious
upper end.  Needs  the   stack of encyclopedias treatment, lol Otherwise tight spine and CF,  glossy,  white pages. 
There are two pages inside with  tears lower edge,  one's an ad page,  the other brushes the art in one panel's lower edge. 
Cool date stamp on the upper spine FC  to boot. 

Asking $50, pretty firm on this one too. 

IBzt0NG.jpg

My Personal Problem #1

Some general wear,  one teensy tear upper edge FC, light dust shadow lower  edge BC. 
Good gloss,  tight spine and CF,  white pages. 

Yours for $50  SOLD!

JjVH7rh.jpg 

Edited by catrick339

My Personal Problem #1

Some general wear,  one teensy tear upper edge FC, light dust shadow lower  edge BC. 
Good gloss,  tight spine and CF,  white pages. 

Yours for $50

JjVH7rh.jpg 

Take it

Frogman Comics 6

Needs a press to take out  a bit of spine roll  and a little wibble-wobble along  the RH edge of the book. Couple tiny tears
and chips   Rh edge FC,  small tear  LH edge BC, touch of general wear,  two small rust stains  along spine BC, 
transfers from another book with  rusty staples.  Lower stain is rusty with a  whiff transfer.  Book is tight,  bit of  gloss left, 
white pages. 

Asking $30

cxHJwZ6.jpg

Kid Slade, Gunfighter 6

Tiny chip out lower edge BC, light dust shadow  lower  edge BC, dogear lower  RH FC that barely breaks the color, whiff of general wear. 
This is a stunning black cover and a windowframe to boot.  Flat,  glossy,  clean,   tight spine and CF, bone white pages.  

Asking $60,  FIRM  SOLD!

QNkmkSF.jpg

Edited by catrick339