• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN # 1 Original Art ...Featured in Mega Movie ?

40 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just thought Id let you all know I was approached by a BIG TIME director who has askied me whether he can use my X-MEN # 1 Original Art Cover as a KEY PROP in a movie set for production in 2006. My belief is that if I do not consent,...the director will find a substitute piece and I am seriously thinking of allowing my piece to be used. That said, I am currently reading the -script and will let you all know my thoughts as to whether or not this is going to happen.

KK

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't this "big time director" just pay $60 to get the cover reproduced to use as a prop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cover-Recreation-of-...1QQcmdZViewItem

In all seriousness, why would a director approach you about using the piece, even giving you a copy of the -script, when his props department could get a high-quality facsimile made for a few hundred bucks? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, I have an idea. Why doesn't this "big time director" just pay $60 to get the cover reproduced to use as a prop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cover-Recreation-of-...1QQcmdZViewItem

In all seriousness, why would a director approach you about using the piece, even giving you a copy of the -script, when his props department could get a high-quality facsimile made for a few hundred bucks? confused-smiley-013.gif

The director is Kevin Smith and he and I are pretty good friends. He asked me off the cuff and I replied that I would think about it. He thought it would be 'NEAT' to use 'the real deal'...I suggested the Avengers # 4 Cover would be a better more iconographic piece,..but KS is hooked on the idea of the X-Men # 1.

Why are all my posts deemed suspect ?

I AM BRAD SAVAGE,...right ? makepoint.gif

KK

PS - The story is kinda an 'Indiana Jones' spoof with the a grail quest centering around OA. Kevin said I might even get to be in the movie.

Is the entire movie a spoof on Indiana Jones or just a storyline in the movie?

Good for you KK - I like all of Smiths' movies...I met him once but he was kinda cold...it was at a convention so I didn't really expect him to be very friendly...care to share a scan? Do you have the cover to Avengers #4 as well?

That's really fantastic for you!

If he needs my FF#4 cover let me know... Always willing to lease out any of my OA. headbang.gif

You have the cover to FF4? hail.gif Do you do scans?

I don't show my big pieces as it tends to devalue the piece.... yada.. yada.. you know the drill. wink.gif

foreheadslap.gif