• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM New Gods 1
3 3

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

New Gods 1.  Great looking book, but there is a small crease in the upper right front which isn't that easy to see given the coloring on the book.  I don't know how to judge this book as it doesn't have many flaws, but the 1 flaw it does have I fear will take it down more than I like.  Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

1533814216_NewGods1F(3)-page-001.thumb.jpg.431b4fb188905d316622fb34aad5acf1.jpg

896305082_NewGods1B(2)-page-001.thumb.jpg.49d1432bf8a2c923d22ae78d7d08df00.jpg

Another thread that I am amazed on the grading.  That’s a 1/2” color breaking crease.  7.0-8.0 is the debate on this book.  That’s a collective of the forum off by 100% value.  Amazing.

9 hours ago, Zegeroth said:

Another thread that I am amazed on the grading.  That’s a 1/2” color breaking crease.  7.0-8.0 is the debate on this book.  That’s a collective of the forum off by 100% value.  Amazing.

Thanks for your P.O.V though I think 1 crease like that dropping a book to a 7 is extremely strict. But always good to have contrarian views to temper expectations. The crease size you're off on a bit.  It is about 1/4 inch if that changes anything for you.

That crease is almost the width of the authority stamp.  Those stamps vary in size, but 1/2” is one of the smallest, so I think 3/8 is accurate for picture interpretation.  Look up guide after guide and you’ll see that any crease over 1/4” is a sub 8.0 book.  Based on the rest of the book, I’d expect a 7.5 if you send it in.

This is a really really good example of a book you should not get slabbed.  People will miss that crease or shrug it off and value it in the 8.0 or even 9+ range apparently.  So keep it raw and enjoy it imo.