• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rifleman #10 -- Johnny Crawford RIP
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I think that we have been treated poorly because we collect comic books. An often heard derisive comment is, "You're so immature."

I don't want to come off as "holier-than-thou," but it's books like the above that lead to this comment. Honestly, I would have absolutely NO interest in having this book in my collection. If someone were to give it to me for free, I would sell it immediately and use the money to buy a comic more in line with my tastes.

Here are two more covers that fall into this category. I suppose they are funny the first time you see them, but that funniness has to go away pretty quickly. To me, it would go from funny to creepy almost immediately.

Betty and Me #16 (Archie, 1968) Condition: VG-.... Silver Age | Lot #12302  | Heritage Auctions     Archie Comics #271 (Archie, 1978) CBCS VG+ 4.5 Off-white to white | Lot  #12353 | Heritage Auctions

Obviously, your mileage may vary.