• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

recently Vince made some remarks about me and my behavior

43 posts in this topic

I did not want to clutter up AK's very worthwhile... "what have you learned" ... with this reply, so I'm making a new thread.

I really do not want to make a big drama out of this, but recently Vince made some remarks about me and my behavior on the boards that I feel are highly inaccurate and possibly just intentional cheapshots. Hopefully, we can both behave like civilized men and this will end politely with a simple apology and/or acknowledgment on his part that maybe his comments were the result of his obvious dislike for me and my high grade collecting style… thus, understandably clouding his memory of the events and perception of me. He mentioned that there were "so many" examples of my acting the way he described (basically I interperet to be a "snide" BSD who often puts others down on the basis of owning lesser graded books).

Vince's "what have you learned" post:

944567-UnfoundedCheapshot.jpg

BB13 reply:

944567-PoliteChallenge.jpg

Anyway, here is the thread that he's referring to…

(please note the edit was to post the scan and not change any fictitious remarks)

BB13's Snide BSD "Braggart Behavior" and "BSD-Attitude Put Down" After Posting a CGC Book According to Vince

Vince's Post he made reference to:

944567-BraggingAway-1.jpg

BB13 response (looks like I helped him provide an image as well)

944567-SnideRemarks.jpg

Vince… will you be a man and offer an apology?… or if you still feel that I'm how you characterized me and there are "so many" examples, would you care to embark on a $250 wager (clear language so there can be no doubt) to benefit a charity (Red Cross - whatever) with the bet to be arbitrated by the forum? Something to the effect of you providing an clear example that the arbitrators would agree even remotely comes across as you've suggested.

Again…HONESTLY I know its easier to remember something in a harsher light when you don't like the person. It probably has happened to all of us. Even so, I think you need to step up this time. I'd really prefer just an apology.

I don't know about that, his post was not nearly as nasty as they were in the past and there was an element of not trying to make it a direct attack (his use of the stooges graemlin).

Maybe he'll just surprise us and just say… " you're right Bruce, I remembered it wrong and you didn't really act the way i thought. Maybe its because we've bumped heads a few too many times - I apologize, no hard feelings"

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

well, I'm heading to work, so I guess he has the floor for awhile

Don't hold your breath BB. JC is always right, especially when he's wrong.

And I thought greggy was the only man who acts like a woman around here...

I'm gonna get it now! flamed.gif27_laughing.gif

Vince… will you be a man and offer an apology?… or if you still feel that I'm how you characterized me and there are "so many" examples, would you care to embark on a $250 wager (clear language so there can be no doubt) to benefit a charity (Red Cross - whatever) with the bet to be arbitrated by the forum? Something to the effect of you providing an clear example that the arbitrators would agree even remotely comes across as you've suggested.

Again…HONESTLY I know its easier to remember something in a harsher light when you don't like the person. It probably has happened to all of us. Even so, I think you need to step up this time. I'd really prefer just an apology.

.......................based on your actual comments, i'd opine that JC got it wrong. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif we'll see..................

I think JC's recollection of that incident is clearly mistaken. You were not showing off your copy, you were illustating his point.

What I find interesting is that he initally trashes the content of the book, but a year later claims he likes it and doesn't want to sell his copy.

His love is based in hate. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I actually found that post late last night, and then after reading it, remembered that it wasn't the actual thread I wanted. So yes, I am wrong, and my memory could use some work. I know you said something snide towards a scan I posted, but you are correct, it was not this one. Must be getting old... foreheadslap.gif

I'll do some searching to find the right one later on tonight. Could have been a Byrne X-Men so it might be awhile.

I think JC's recollection of that incident is clearly mistaken.

Yeah, first signs of getting old I guess, as my memory is usually spot-on for this type of thing. I was sure it was the Sub-Mariner scan, but now I'm thinking it was an Byrne X-Men scan and also included Bruce's immortal slam of (to paraphrase):

"If I only collected 9.4 comics, I'd have nothing to do next week".

Like I said, I'll do some searching to see if I can locate the exact thread.

.......................based on your actual comments, i'd opine that JC got it wrong. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif we'll see..................

Yes, I mis-remembered the actual thread, and I was wrong to state it was the Sub-Mariner scan where this occurred.

I did a search using BronzeBruce; collect; and 9.4

But after sifting through tons of refrences it got very tedious so I gave up. He'll be searching for quite awile, I'm guessing.

Don't hold your breath BB. JC is always right, especially when he's wrong.

And I thought greggy was the only man who acts like a woman around here...

I'm gonna get it now! flamed.gif27_laughing.gif

106685.jpg

poke2.gif

thats close enough. I read that thread where this took place and frankly Im surprised to see THIS thread about it. I understand a mans honor must be uphels, but, cmon. A whole new thread to lambaste JC over a personal slight??

If we all did that, the boards would crash instantly!! And as you yourself said in your reply to JC, hi stone has improved greatly of late. Even his post in THIS thread arent the attack dog mode we have all come to loathe over the years.

Dont ya think, Bruce?

I don't see the words, "I'm sorry" or "I apologize" anywhere yet . . . 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

He did say "I am wrong" though. That's more than you would get out of some other board members. confused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gifmad.gif

What?

Guilty conscience? 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

shy.gif

Although I did admit I was wrong recently! Ask Tim! cloud9.gif

Personal growth sometimes comes one baby step at a time. tongue.gif

Although I did admit I was wrong recently! Ask Tim! cloud9.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Personal growth sometimes comes one baby step at a time. tongue.gif

I agree. In fact, I was going to post something to that effect myself. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused.gif