• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Grade my Hulk 181
3 3

38 posts in this topic

I got the grade back from this Hulk 181.  The slab is in transit, and I'm still waiting for final images, (both taking what seems like forever), but I liked a suggestion by. @AnhDepTraiif anyone wants a shot at seeing how accurate they can be.  I'll post the result as soon as I have it in my hands. 

FYI, I used the Spot on Grading app to help me estimate my grade and it was only .5 off.

Edited by Hownow53

On 6/15/2021 at 7:49 AM, Hownow53 said:

I got the grade back from this Hulk 181.  The slab is in transit, and I'm still waiting for final images, (both taking what seems like forever), but I liked a suggestion by. @AnhDepTraiif anyone wants a shot at seeing how accurate they can be.  I'll post the result as soon as I have it in my hands. 

FYI, I used the Spot on Grading app to help me estimate my grade and it was only .5 off.

Looking forward to seeing the grade!!

Delivery takes a minute sometime haha ☺️

9 hours ago, grendelbo said:

I'm with the majority - 4.5.

Thanks for the last chance and for posting.

My pleasure. Unfortunately I have been waiting a week already for my book to get here, and have learned that not only is registered mail extremely slow, but I am unable to get any estimated delivery time online or from USPS customer service. I don't know what type of delivery time is typical but I am frustrated, also because they are also late in sending me images I paid for too.

THE GRADE IS IN....5.0

congrats to those who guessed correctly:

@TroyT7986

@ADAMANTIUM

@thirdgreenham

@Haljordanfan

@Galen130

@Mars76

@MPH1964

@1950's war comics

My guess was 4.5 so I'm thrilled. 

Now to sell or hold?  Hmm. Thoughts welcome. 

Edited by Hownow53

39 minutes ago, Hownow53 said:

I forgot to include the pictures of the slab. Sorry

20210618_174539.jpg

20210618_174600.jpg

Looks great! That back looks nice, I think it's fairly graded. I assume a press gave it a bump!

Not bad for tat either !! ^^

Just now, jcjames said:

I would have said 4.0

Great grade for you! Congrats! Nice book to have too. If/when you sell it, sell the grade. 

I agree. 4.5 tops.

Good fortune.

I think there may be something to certain keys getting a grade bump.

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

sell while the iron is hot !

and i heard this is the last year you can sell up to 20K on ebay and not get a 1099 form from the IRS (don't take my word on that though)

I'd love to actually have the problem of declaring 20k in taxes, but I don't see this book going that high. 

On 6/18/2021 at 9:57 PM, 1950's war comics said:

sell while the iron is hot !

and i heard this is the last year you can sell up to 20K on ebay and not get a 1099 form from the IRS (don't take my word on that though)

On 6/18/2021 at 11:13 PM, Hownow53 said:

I'd love to actually have the problem of declaring 20k in taxes, but I don't see this book going that high. 

You could sell over $1 trillion worth of merchandise on eBay in any calendar year and not receive a 1099 from the IRS. Reason being, the IRS doesn’t issue 1099s