• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who else collects WAR original art?

79 posts in this topic

Terry - That Ballamy art is AMAZING! Great detail!

West - The 5 page Speed Comics art is brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you like it, Hart. Scan doesn't do the art full justice - it's even better in the flesh.

You might like this example from an earlier Bellamy strip, THE HAPPY WARRIOR (The Story of Winston Churchill). Here's a scan of an episode. Unfortunately, the colours have faded slightly on this original . . .

Terry - WOW!!!!...Love the aerial combat panels of the Spitfire!!! And the main panel w/ 'ol Churchill ain't bad either! The figures behind him are stunning! smile.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

- Hart

Original cover art to CAPT. SAVAGE AND HIS LEATHERNECK RAIDERS # 2 . . .

A memorable cover image from a forgettable title. Syd Shores' inks greatly enhance Ayers' composition/pencils. I like this cover a lot . . . not exactly grail-like, but it has tremendous eye-appeal.

i2on76.jpg

My CAF Galleries at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

1015048-CaptSavage-web-gallery.jpg.fdc1d9942fbb15bc72167d421e24ac95.jpg

A memorable cover image from a forgettable title. Syd Shores' inks greatly enhance Ayers' composition/pencils. I like this cover a lot . . . not exactly grail-like, but it has tremendous eye-appeal.

I'll say it has MAJOR eye appeal!!!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif Damn Terry!....you keep amazing me with each WAR post!

Can I be your long lost son?!? Come on you know you want to adopt me...I may be hairy...but aren't we all! wink.gif

Thanks again for sharin'!

- Hart

I'll say it has MAJOR eye appeal!!!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif Damn Terry!....you keep amazing me with each WAR post!

Can I be your long lost son?!? Come on you know you want to adopt me...I may be hairy...but aren't we all! wink.gif

Thanks again for sharin'!

- Hart

grin.gif

This was a little easier to scan and work with than the twice up page I posted earlier.

1017515-EnemyAcePage.jpg

1017515-EnemyAcePage.jpg.c48338c22c5e4f2217d41b34f0c41ef3.jpg

Meager? That's pretty darn cool IMO.

Not meager imo either! Great DPS!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing! smile.gif

-Hart

27_laughing.gif Thanks guys.

When I see Kubert Enemy Ace, an Everett Atlas cover, and a Severin Fury cover (among other stuff) I consider a Glanzman page to be meager by comparison.

I love that splash though. It's got everything. The whole Haunted Tank crew, General Stuart, AND a huge explosion.

Now to find my two Heath pages.