• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Epic Illustrated #1 (nn) Sampler
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I have been looking for more information about this 16 page preview book from 1979-80. This seems to be the only copy of this edition on the CGC Census. I occasionally look to try to upgrade my copy, but there never seems to be even another raw one available. What was the print run on this?  Any more insight into this book would be welcomed. Thank you.

Epic Sampler 75.jpg

Hey Ron, I remember you posting this before.  Pretty sure this was a promo for retailers to order copies of the new title.  I would expect there to be a relatively low number printed and even lower saved.  I've never seen this in person but there were other similar items sent to us when I managed a LCS in the early 90s.  Even then, print runs would've been a several thousand or so (more or less) and most got tossed.  I would expect that 10 years before, the number printed would be much less.  2c