• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 55
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

Here is my ASM 55.  Front is very clean, and the back i think most of the defects will be helped alot by a press.  However on the bottom left about 2/3 of the way down there is something going on that I don't quite know how to describe.  It's kind of like a drop of water or something got there at some point and dried out.  That's the hangup for me as I don't know how to account for that.

Would get it P & C as well so I guess factor that in, I think it would help out a good amount on the back.

Thank you in advance.

Front_ABarrios.thumb.jpg.7524f42b25eb6f42fc4dba1d819c8be3.jpg

Back_ABarrios.thumb.jpg.ff57c643dc74aea7fe443ed0852f1116.jpg

One of my favourite covers of ASM. I love this book. 

Difficult to fully tell off just those two images. It certainly looks good on what I can see. 

Around 6 to 7 but would need to see more. 

8 minutes ago, Mars76 said:

2 hours ago, CJ Design said:

yes it is

3 hours ago, I Am The Answer! said:

The Answer is: 7.0

3 hours ago, The lips said:

One of my favourite covers of ASM. I love this book. 

Difficult to fully tell off just those two images. It certainly looks good on what I can see. 

Around 6 to 7 but would need to see more. 

What are you all seeing that I'm not here? Must be something on the back, because the front seems well above a 7, not being combative, honestly just curious what you are all seeing to ding it that much so I can learn what maybe I am not looking for close enough.

Thanks.

Just now, Croatbag said:

What are you all seeing that I'm not here? Must be something on the back, because the front seems well above a 7, not being combative, honestly just curious what you are all seeing to ding it that much so I can learn what maybe I am not looking for close enough.

Thanks.

I'm counting 5 or 6 tics along the spine to go along with a bc that looks pretty dirty to me. Im also seeing some waviness along the left edge of the bc and a nice size crease that looks like it can be pressed out. Also, on the lower half of the bc by the name Howard Sanden of Minneapolis there is something weird going on there.

That being said I think this is a beautiful copy and the grade I'm giving is what I think it looks like it would get before a clean n press.

Hoped that helps.

3 minutes ago, Mars76 said:

I'm counting 5 or 6 tics along the spine to go along with a bc that looks pretty dirty to me. Im also seeing some waviness along the left edge of the bc and a nice size crease that looks like it can be pressed out. Also, on the lower half of the bc by the name Howard Sanden of Minneapolis there is something weird going on there.

That being said I think this is a beautiful copy and the grade I'm giving is what I think it looks like it would get before a clean n press.

Hoped that helps.

That actually helped alot thank you for elaborating.  Also there was a disconnect because I had written to factor in a clean and press as I was planning to get one, so I figure that would knock out a good amount of the dirt, wave and crease issue.  But totally follow the grade then if you're including all that.