• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE. The Forgotten Box...
1 1

213 posts in this topic

Well, took a close look at these. Many are priced at the bottom already but there were a lot that could use a good drop. Still a bunch of freebies worth grabbing as well. Take another quick look and grab a few bargains. I will consider fair offers if you put together a stack. 

I will leave this up today and tomorrow send out invoices and close it down. 

Many thanks to all to have checked out this thread and even more to those who bought some of these fun books. 

On 5/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, Robot Man said:

Tales of the Unexpected #59 1961

Spine split and detached 

Was $12.

Now $10.

totu59a.jpg

totu59b.jpg

This cover is awesome,  but that one little piglet dude is so ridiculous and out of place. 

So yeah,  I'll take it. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, pmWolf said:

You'd better report back with the story synopsis. 

Synopsis - 

Astrologer Jim Bryant sees what appears to be a space ship hurling toward earth only to discover it wasn't a space ship, it was a little planet!  

The military sends rocket ships to investigate the planet, which were quickly and effeciently destroyed by massive flying gorillas. The military responds by firing missiles that prove useless against the mighty Apes. 

Shocking Development 1 - the Apes can talk!  And they proceed to moch the humans feabile efforts. 

Jim Bryant deduced the Gorillas are after the Earth's atmosphere because their tiny planet was running out of oxygen. (I'm not sure how he got there, but they had allot to cover in 5 pages)

He realizes if they need to breath, they are vulnerable to fear gas. So they return to the small planet armed with gas... 

Shocking Development 2 - Upon their return, the soldiers are greeted by humanoids! Brace yourselves, this gets complicated.

The humanoids planet was dying so they made little space ships meant to replicate their planet at a smaller scale. (So the little planet, was in fact a space ship all along). The Gorillas conquered their replica planet/space ship, only to realize the oxygen would soon run out.  They've been traveling the Galaxy looking for planets to sustain them ever since. 

The Gorillas return, Jim and his crew launch the fear gas, and the massive, flying, talking space gorillas get scared and retreat. 

The story ends with what I have to assume is a reference or nod to King Kong (see the last panel below)

Bob - thanks for sending these so quickly. Me and the boys will be carefully reading each one over summer vacation.  There is no era of comic book history I enjoy reading more than this! 

IMG_20210514_215701914.jpg

IMG_20210514_215625641.jpg

IMG_20210514_214503130.jpg

IMG_20210514_215640627.jpg