• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Membership Renewal Discount?
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm hoping the community here might be able to track this down.

Recently my membership to CGC was up for renewal, and for about a month prior I had a new item in the login pull down menu and a tile on the "My Submission" landing page (where the new tracking tool is now) that was asking me to auto-renew and save a percentage off. I can't remember the other tiers, but as I was thinking about upgrading to elite in order to keep the discounts this year after the price changes, and that was for $30 off from $279 to $249. There was a red background graphic that listed the crossed out prices and had the discounts underneath them. When I finally deciding to upgrade, I clicked on that ad and was taken through a workflow to upgrade my membership that ended up charging me $279 after everything was submitted. I reached out and am working with customer service who just came back and said that the "Marketing department confirmed that we have never had a promotion at that value". Since I upgraded, all of those reminders to renew have naturally gone from my account and they are asking for a screenshot to prove this. I do not know if the recent price changes have taken this promotion down, but I thought I would ask if their is anyone in the community that is close to needing to renew their membership and can see this on their "My Submissions" page. Would you be kind enough to upload a screen shot it here for me?

Thank you so much!

~Darin

The regular price for an Elite membership is $299.  If you are renewing or upgrading it usually shows the $299 crossed out and $279 below it.  I just looked now and it says $274.  So I guess it fluctuates. 

I didn't expect to see anything there other than $279, as that is the only number I have ever seen.  The fact that is $274 adds to the possibilities that other prices are offered, unless that is a change due to the price increases and lower discounts. 

But to prove what you saw, you might need that screenshot after all.  You would think it would have shown what you were going to pay as you went through the order flow (???), like a confirmation box before hitting PAY NOW.

Agreed on the flow which is the concern. Had I known the price was not going to apply I would have contacted them first to try and get it, or at least understand if I was misinterpreting it. Thanks for the info on what it says now. Is there anyway you could post a screenshot of that? Just to be able to see and reference that “ad” but also that the pricing fluctuates? Really appreciate the reply and info.

I would post the screenshot, but it is not an actual similar example.  I renewed last week at the Associates level because I won't be submitting for quite a while, didn't want to tie up the membership funds.  So it is not showing how much to renew, but how much to upgrade instead.  Down the road, when I decide to submit a bunch of books, I'll do the upgrade.  And it may be showing the discount to reflect a credit for the already-paid membership.