• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good small safe for Comics, Cards, Games?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I’m looking for a small safe which would be .. safe.. to hold a few comics, sports cards, and video games. Basically I’m looking to put my very best stuff in this safe. I know a while ago I read up on this and it was feared that certain safes could be harmful to paper collectibles. I can’t remember if this was due to some sort of coating in the safe or if it was because these types of collectibles need air to “breathe”. 

Any suggestion or info appreciated!

If it's for theft I either get creative at home or the expensive stuff is kept at my office safe. Bank boxes are a option. If for fire just read the specs. Monitor humidity, will probably need a dehumidifier. 

23 minutes ago, TheAvenger80 said:

Hey guys. I’m looking for a small safe which would be .. safe.. to hold a few comics, sports cards, and video games. Basically I’m looking to put my very best stuff in this safe. I know a while ago I read up on this and it was feared that certain safes could be harmful to paper collectibles. I can’t remember if this was due to some sort of coating in the safe or if it was because these types of collectibles need air to “breathe”. 

I do remember a post about safes and staple rust.

On 5/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, TheAvenger80 said:

8 hours ago, TheOldCollector said:

I would also suggest not just researching what safes can do to comics but google how easy it is to open most safes that are sold in box stores and on Amazon. They are pretty pointless.

Any safe is pointless if you give a criminal ample time and opportunity. 

When you've found one you like, check out The Lockpicking Lawyer on YouTube, and see if he's done a video on it. If so, that's probably not a good thing.