• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Golden Age for sale. Thread recapped on page 9 with final discounts added.
8 8

180 posts in this topic

Zoot #12 This bra-popping-off-cover looks much nicer than the 1.8-2.0 I'm calling it. The cover is detached and there are many tape repairs to the inside covers. Also tape at the staples on the first wrap and some at the top (see pics). Great Fox cover that looks pretty decent in the sleeve and it's hard to find this much cool for this small of a price! $95 SOLD

ZOOT 12 FRONT.jpg

ZOOT 12 BACK.jpg

ZOOT 12 INSIDE COVERS.jpg

ZOOT 12 1ST WRAP TAPE UP.jpg

ZOOT 12 1ST WRAP TAPE DOWN.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

12 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Popular Teen-agers #15 L.B. Cole cover 3.0 off white pages. Name on 1st page margin, 2 pieces out and odd dust shadow mark on back cover. GPA not much help, but a 5.0 c/ow sold 9/19 for $750. My price $295

Popular Teen-agers 15 front.jpg

Popular Teen-agers 15 back.jpg

Popular Teen-agers 15 splash.jpg

Take 

43 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Zoot #12 This bra-popping-off-cover looks much nicer than the 1.8-2.0 I'm calling it. The cover is detached and there are many tape repairs to the inside covers. Also tape at the staples on the first wrap and some at the top (see pics). Great Fox cover that looks pretty decent in the sleeve and it's hard to find this much cool for this small of a price! $95

ZOOT 12 FRONT.jpg

ZOOT 12 BACK.jpg

ZOOT 12 INSIDE COVERS.jpg

ZOOT 12 1ST WRAP TAPE UP.jpg

ZOOT 12 1ST WRAP TAPE DOWN.jpg

Take 

Crime Does Not Pay #42 Classic electrocution cover!!! I'm calling this a 3.0 due to detached cover and some tears. It's a very fresh feeling copy in hand with off white to white pages. These is a tear by the "R" in crime, one by the gunman's foot and by the single staple. GPA has a 3.0 selling 1/21 for $268. Grab this great looking copy for less! $235

Cdnp 42 f1.jpg

Cdnp 42 f2.jpg

Cdnp 42 b.jpg

Speed Comics #37 3.0 regrettably, as there is a tear going thru the entire book, but keep reading, as it's not as bad as it sounds. The book has the feel of a solid mid grade book, think 5.5ish with off white pages. A small tear in the 1st E of Speed and a smaller one in the P, as well as a few very small tears elsewhere on the cover. Now the full book tear: A piece of tape on the inside cover shows it from it's beginning and the close up pic of the back shows it's end. The Black Cat splash is the interior tear at its worst. So you can see that it's easy to live with. Honestly, thumbing thru the book, you hardly notice the tear. I dumped the grade HARD for that tear. If you buy it and are unhappy after all you've read and seen in the pics, you can return it, but I bet you won't. Speed Comics are very tough to find now and sell for premium loot. A GREAT cover with great stuff inside, for less than you'll likely ever find another copy. $200 SOLD

Speed 37 f 1.jpg

Speed 37 f 2.jpg

Speed 37 b.jpg

Speed 37 1.jpg

Speed 37 2.jpg

Speed 37 3.jpg

Speed 37 4.jpg

Speed 37 5.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Speed Comics #40 This was CGC graded Universal 5.0 with off white pages but I cracked it out as it looked way nicer than that. My buddy Russ and I said the same thing when I freed it from the holder: 5.0? I'll take all ya got!!!! Seriously more like a 6.0 in both of our opinions. The label is included with the book. GPA reports a sale of a 5.5 on 1/21 for $302. This one is priced firmly at $275.  P.S. I added a pic of it when it was still in the slab, but remember, it's raw now. SOLD

Speed 40 f 1.jpg

Speed 40 f 2.jpg

Speed 40 b.jpg

Speed 40.JPG

Edited by Frisco Larson

7 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Speed Comics #40 This was CGC graded Universal 5.0 with off white pages but I cracked it out as it looked way nicer than that. My buddy Russ and I said the same thing when I freed it from the holder: 5.0? I'll take all ya got!!!! Seriously more like a 6.0 in both of our opinions. The label is included with the book. GPA reports a sale of a 5.5 on 1/21 for $302. This one is priced firmly at $275.  P.S. I added a pic of it when it was still in the slab, but remember, it's raw now.

Speed 40 f 1.jpg

Speed 40 f 2.jpg

Speed 40 b.jpg

Speed 40.JPG

:takeit: