• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Someone is trying to scam me with Paypal...

21 posts in this topic

|No, they can't take the funds from your bank. I wish they COULD, because I've gotten scammed TWICE when I've won the paypal claim but couldn't get a penny because the seller just abandoned their paypal account.

1st off u are dead wrong when you say paypal cannot take funds from your account... it's right in the on that very long user agrement thats no one reads when you sign up.not on;y can they do it,but you have given them permission to do it .remember paypal is not a bank and they are not governed by the trade commision.. thyey can act like judge and juror....... just read this site and you will see why its not good to do business with paypal www.paypalsucks.com

You're kidding me! BOTH times when I won a claim and got zilch, it was because there was nothing in the other guy's paypal account. I angrily complained to paypal that they should just take it out of his bank account, since they have access to it. The emailed back and said they're not allowed to do that.

Then I got a paypal satisfaction survey, and I hammered them HARD for that very point, arguing that they should make it a term of service that IF a claim is won against a user, paypal can withdraw funds from the paypal account AND/OR the user's bank account to settle the claim.

Guess what? Paypal told me no.

I have about $75 coming to me for over 3 months from users who simply emptied their paypal into their banks so I'd never get a cent.

Notes:

"After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer

Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds

from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery

of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed..."