• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Withdrawing my Speculation
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I am now aware of a second set of brothers, who fit the bill and have an almost identical story to the two brothers I just mentioned.  

It is eerie.  

The big difference?  The older brother in this pair died last year as Heritage represented.  

Very eerie that the story is so similar.  

And, this story is also much better than the story told by Heritage. 

I looked at the decedent in this new pair of brothers, but I could not discern how he fit a key fact as told by Heritage.  I still can't.  But, I am convinced this pair fits the bill close enough.

So I'm going to withdraw my prior speculation and not release the name of the two brothers whose story I told.  I'll leave the thread up since I never identified the brothers.

Based on my research so far, I still have some of the same concerns about the story as told by Heritage.  The concerns I expressed in the other thread. 

Heritage and the family could clarify this easily.

But I can say, whichever of the two pairs of brothers it was, the story is primarily about brotherly love, about family, and about heroism.

The "funny books story" that Heritage has either chosen to focus upon or been forced to focus upon is the least interesting thing about the story.

I think everyone can confidently bid on the collection with confidence that the books have a connection to valor in the Korean War.

It would be nice for Heritage and the family to clarify the situation and for the truth to come out.

Enough said.

Edited by sfcityduck

4 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

The big question is whether the pair of brothers you identified - or their families - also have old "funny books."

I still can only speculate as to which pair of brothers had the "funny books."  

Time will tell, I'm sure.  

But, that's a question only Heritage or the implicated family can definitively answer. 

1 minute ago, innocuous said:

@sfcityduck Thank you for the entertainment. It was a good read.

I always said I could be wrong in my speculation, so I'm feeling no regrets.  The story of the two brothers I shared IS a good and informative one.  The Korean War aspect especially.  Now I know the definitive identity of the right two brothers, and the stories have important common aspects.  A reflection of history most don't know.  I won't be giving up the names of either pair of brothers, but I would be surprised if the true OO's name does not come out prior to the June auction.  The Heritage story is not entirely forthright, but what they are misstating or leaving out is a better story than anyone could ever make up. The pedigree's name is very apt, but in IMHO for a different reason than Heritage states.  I am sure that Heritage wishes they could market this pedigree differently, and I strongly suspect that the family will ultimately let the full story out.  But, if you like good stories, don't hesitate to buy these books.