• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete 1977 Marvel 35 cent price variant set

74 posts in this topic

:hi:Well it has been two years now since I finished the Marvel 35 cent Variant Set and I made a animation of all 184 of them and thought this would be a good place to post it. :cool: Also I would be very interest in hearing how all the other variant collectors are coming with their sets, I know one board member who is getting close to completing both 30's and 35's and will probably be the first to complete both sets. (thumbs u Anyone know how all the others Variant collectors are doing Like Bonas, Glen & Daffy these guys did not like many two years ago, are they still looking? or some of the new variat collectors like Molly&Timber, Silveratom & comicwars these guys have been buying them all up. :popcorn: And between Comichunter and Silveratom I can't even win hidden ones any more they find them all. :pullhair:

:baiting: And JC I have always wondered just how close are you to haveing a 35 cent set. :gossip:

:) I am still working on my 30's and only need like 11 more of those now. I am still collecting ASM comics with Double Covers and have 51 different issues now and I upgrade my Amazing Spider-Man collection ever now and then when I find nice copy's cheap that is about all I have done in the last two year. meh

:cool: Here is that anmination hope everyone enjoys it. (thumbs u

351-animate.gif352-animate.gif353-animate.gif354-animate.gif .................... 188.jpg

Cosmic, that is awesome, though I would expect nothing but the best from you. Not sure on the other guys you mention, but do agree it is tough to win hiddens anymore.

Wow, two years ago, it seems like only yesterday you won that bid on your last book.

Thanks for all the great variant posts over the past few years and all the help and advice. You are one of the guys that make this hobby so great. (worship)

:hi:Well it has been two years now since I finished the Marvel 35 cent Variant Set and I made a animation of all 184 of them and thought this would be a good place to post it. :cool: Also I would be very interest in hearing how all the other variant collectors are coming with their sets, I know one board member who is getting close to completing both 30's and 35's and will probably be the first to complete both sets. (thumbs u Anyone know how all the others Variant collectors are doing Like Bonas, Glen & Daffy these guys did not like many two years ago, are they still looking? or some of the new variat collectors like Molly&Timber, Silveratom & comicwars these guys have been buying them all up. :popcorn: And between Comichunter and Silveratom I can't even win hidden ones any more they find them all. :pullhair:

:baiting: And JC I have always wondered just how close are you to haveing a 35 cent set. :gossip:

:) I am still working on my 30's and only need like 11 more of those now. I am still collecting ASM comics with Double Covers and have 51 different issues now and I upgrade my Amazing Spider-Man collection ever now and then when I find nice copy's cheap that is about all I have done in the last two year. meh

:cool: Here is that anmination hope everyone enjoys it. (thumbs u

351-animate.gif352-animate.gif353-animate.gif354-animate.gif .................... 188.jpg

Congrats! and more CONGRATS! :applause:

That is a daunting task that you set out and to acomplish it is :hail: worthy!

Arex

And JC I have always wondered just how close are you to haveing a 35 cent set.

I am not after the set, just certain issues of the series I collect, even to the point of dupes.

For example, I'd rather have multiple sets of the ASM and X-Men 35-centers than something like Kid Colt. (shrug)

Wy are they so rare? I mean man only 2-3 copies of stuff printed in the 70's and 80's sounds hard to even fathom.

not worth looking for?

nobody is looking for a regular copy of KC 218-220, let alone a variant of that series. (except me and three others)

Star Wars, Iron Fist, ASM & X-men are a different story. People want those books, and some want the variants too.

Marvel price Variants are cool!

Add me to the list of collectors who can claim they own or have owned an I.F #14 (35 center). The raw GD/VG copy I auctioned went for $184.00 a few months back on ebay ( 5 times the Overstreet GD/VG guide price!) .I wonder what I.F #14 will guide for in 9.2 in the 2008 Overstreet? Time will tell(smile)

:acclaim: 5 years ago today I completed the Marvel 35 cent Variant Set, I would have thought a second set would have been completed by now. :baiting:

hm It seems these books may be even Rarer than originally thought as there has still only been 3 copys of Kid Colt Outlaw #218 to surface that I am aware of. And the Flintstones #1 I only know of two copies so a second set would be possible. Some books seem to be somewhat comon like the Star Wars #1 which turns up quite often but the Westerns, HB & Sgt. Fury's almost never show up which makes completing the set next to impossible. It has me thinking what the true number of existing copies might actually be? Is it possible that a book like Star Wars #1 might still have 400 or 500 or more copies still surviving? or that books like Kid Colt Outlaw, Rawhide Kid, Flintstones, Scooby Doo or Sgt. Fury might really have less than 20 surviving copies?

I am done collecting these but I still find them very interesting and I do still buy the ocasional hidden ones when I can get them cheap. I think all but a few of these books are very undervalued and that every completest will eventually want these for their sets and theirs just not going to be enough to go around. 2c