• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who ever reported me on eBay

248 posts in this topic

im just irratated that there are sellers on eBay with who colour touch and trim books and advertise as unrestored with private auctions and feedback. Or sellers who remove books from the CGC case and replace it with another book that aren't suspended.....and i got suspended for this ? is that justice? mad.gif

24 hr help on the phone is only available for Silver powersellers and up. Supa you can be up and running within 24 hrs if you provide a copy of your driver's license and utility bill...if not you will be sitting on the sidelines for 30 days.

lol And I still love every last one of you... except for you, MOS. Oh, and you, BOC (or "Bandwagon Jumper" as I've come to know you).

LMFAO. Your battles with me, Bug, murph, clobberintime, MOS, araich, and whomever else speaks volumes about your status on these forums. You're one of the most despised posters on the board & that's saying alot considering some of the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who post here. Bug said it best: "Face it.......you're a sad individual with no friends in the forum......I'm just wondering one thing......why are you still here?" lol! Truer words have never been written.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

im just irratated that there are sellers on eBay with who colour touch and trim books and advertise as unrestored with private auctions and feedback. Or sellers who remove books from the CGC case and replace it with another book that aren't suspended.....and i got suspended for this ? is that justice?

supa

Sorry to hear about what happened... I know what a pain in the arse NARU's are, but don't worry too much about it. This kind of stuff happens a lot more than you think. I'm not sure if I shared this story on this board, but a few months back, I got NARU'd by an Indonesian fellow. This guy reported me to ebay -- his motives -- because I wouldn't sell him anything. It started with a polite email rally; this Indonesian guy expressing an interest on a computer I was selling. I wouldn't have had a problem selling to him, but the only thing was that he wanted to use his credit card, and expected me to accept it over the phone. I told him I didn't have the faciliity to do so, and that I could only accept payment by paypal, or m.o. He went ahead and bid on the item without my knowing, and them sends me an email; something to the effect -- send me this unit, here's my credit card number, and send it right away! I contacted ebay about the bid violation, offered the unit through second chance, and put him on my blocked bidders list. Right after that, this guy went on a mission, and started following all my auctions, and reporting me on things that weren't even true. Part of the problem is that ebay doesn't investigate any of the reports -- it just delists, NARU's, and asks questions later. What sucks is they disable EVERY ebay account your name is linked with. But because ebay doesn't fool around, they also look more compassionately at your case if they do realize that the person who reported you, did so on falsified information.

If you need any help, PM or email me. I wrote a very professional email to the reinstatement dept. and they responded immediately. I was NARU'd on Friday, and all my accounts were reactivated on Monday. The other thing is that you might want to make mention that the person who reported may be potentially harrasing you; make reference to any possible incident that may have caused it -- and I guarantee they'll look into it, and if they discover that this person is a constant nuissance, and is reporting you more than once, they will take action against this type of behaviour. They take exception to bidders who are also trying to work outside ebay's rules and practices. In my case, I had all the emails showing that this fellow was relentless, and even went around my auction rules to try to get what he wanted. It is worth noting that in my own case, ebay did cooperate, and were willing to provide me with any supportive evidence if I wanted to proceed with any type of harrasment charge.

Your battles with me, Bug, murph, clobberintime, MOS, araich, and whomever else speaks volumes about your status on these forums.

Yeah... that's a reeeeal respected bunch you've listed there. (No offense to Araich and... well, Araich.)

Bug said it best: "Face it.......you're a sad individual with no friends in the forum......I'm just wondering one thing......why are you still here?"

Are you Bug's little scribe? lol "no friends on the forum"... um, when would you like your wake-up call to the real world? Just ring the front desk when you've decided.

Well if Notch did the reporting to ebay or this forum, at least the info came from one of the most trustworthy well thought of comic book sellers around! Thank God he is around to set us straight on these types of high crimes - like that pencil marking on the Spidey 12. Maybe he could focus his vast talents on some other ebay crimes. how about those mysterious private auctions that ebay is so cozy with? How about the Heritage bump? How about chasing down the book reconstructionists for us? Someone wanted to create a tempest in a teapot to give supa a hard time which I expect to be quickly fixed. And if ANYBODY wants to come see me or continue this on a different plain, I will gladly take you up on it.

Your sarcasm is lost on me Rob.

Funny thing is I have had several bidders on that auction that were not aware of the writing and thanked me for "disclosing" it.

I meant no harm to Dave at WL he is a top dealer in my book. I just wanted a concensus of what the forum thought about the mentality that if CGC did not denote it , he should not have to. Personally I think the lack of grader notes by CGC is a bad way to go, guess you don't care what is on the back cover?

Seems like the majority have a different opinion than you.

What if the book had heavily rusted staples, or marvel chipping, not denoted in the label as they used to be? Would that still be okay?

Have a good one tough guy, and don't trip over your BSD.

Ha - the laugh is on you and your tre clever computer lingo! I have no idea what a BSD is. So here's one for you - xyzpdq. Come back and I shall taunt you a second time . You can get even with me over on ebay though - just bid on all the books i bid on and drive the prices up - like you do with FF.

FYI- Big Swingin D***, i pharse that the blazing one coined

Actually, it's been part of Wall Street's lingo since at least the 1980s. The term gained mass popularization and usage following the publication of Michael Lewis's 1989 bestseller about Salomon Brothers entitled "Liar's Poker" (a book that I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone).

Gene