• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

who ever reported me on eBay

248 posts in this topic

thanks alot arseface, it was never a shill bid to begin with. hope you had your fun hater and i have an idea to who it was too, it's all about karma, what goes around comes around. im out, late [/i]

So you did not bid on your own auctions?

Not a shill? What then?

I don't get it?

I am not trying to stir anything up here, but I get the impression that you think you are in the right. And many others are not informed of what is going on. And boy howdy did I come out as the "bad guy" all of a sudden.

At the request of a few..here is how it went down on my initial thread. Maybe this will help answer the questions on those that are asking .

FIRST EDITED POST

Supa,

You have no idea what you are talking about as usual.

How about you shilling YOUR ebay auctions with your alternate ebay ID, see you left feedback for yourself as well. mad.gif

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=thehurtingman&completed=0&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

Yes this is supa!

Bad things indeed!

SECOND

So...

Say I was a potential bidder on one of your auctions, how would you explain it to me that you are bidding on your own auctions to drive up the price

I would love some clarity on this point.

And you can drag out whatever skeletons you think might you have.

Quite frankly I am sick of your BS, and your attitude. I'll be up in San Fran next weekend for a business trip, perhaps we can meet in person and talk this over

Let me know

Best Regards

M

LAST EDITED POST

PM sent....and I would love to know what is going on with that bid and the many others that your shill account has bumped on many of your own auctions.

I still have the canned e-mail from your thehurtingman account as well, long ago when you were a civilized person that could respond to a productive thread without BS and actually add something to the context.

Still waiting for a reply via PM...I am sure alot of this can be resolved after a friendly chat , eh?

Was the thehurtingman but now has changed id's...why?

This name looks so familiar as well. smile.gif

Looks like Supa got caught bidding on his own auctions. I will never understand why people do this. So stupid........ Sorry Supa, but you got busted, and will lose any respect you had on these boards. And isn't Top Notch the insurance fraud guy?

There are really two scenarios:

1) Supa is innocent and the victim of harassment. Someone is trying to get him booted, so supplies circumstantial evidence that he's shilling, but it's not the truth.

2) Supa is shilling, but doesn't see it as a bad thing, kinda like getting caught shoplifting from a convenience store and complaining that the cops aren't out arresting murderers.

Any other options out there?

Since I have zero to do tonight, I checked infinitecapcity's bidding. He bids on JIM's, which Supa has mentioned he has a fancy for, and an auction on Prada boots, also a Supa fetish ( I only remember this from a post he once made, and immediately thought he was gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.) He also bid on some Supa auctions, and is also NARU'd.

According to feedback it looks like quite a few members have dealt with infinitecapcity aka. thehurtingman...so I am fairly sure that there are many opinions that are being quietly formulated after reading these posts and accusations....

This airing of dirty laundry is not going unnoticed... crazy.gif

Here is my two cents worth.

confused.gif I have never understood shill bidding in the first place. Start low and put a reserve on it if there is a price you won't go below.

smirk.gif Regardless of whether a seller shill bids on their own auctions, very few sellers on this forum are not helped out by other forum members bidding on their books. In most cases these bids are not aimed at winning the books but more to get things started and to give the impression that there is a lot of excitement for them. (someone please tell me the difference)

mad.gif The holier than thou attitude that pervades these boards is really irritating. If (and I do mean if) Supa did shill bid, then he without sin should can cast the first stone. Once again, NEARLY everybody on this board has undertaken some ebay practice that is not exactly Kosha.

mad.gif Vendettas are common place on the boards and permeate through almost every thread. If their are axes to grind then there are other ways to do it then getting Supa NARU'd.

confused.gif How is is that Rustysstarwars can stay on Ebay and that Ebay do not even respond to my requests but Supa gets slammed immediately. If somebody doesn't like how Supa does business then don't bid on the books. At least the books are real and he is not running scams to defraud people out of their money.

Supa, my only issue with you around all this, is your silence around the original accusation. Is it true or not ??

If it is then I as one (although not happy with the practice) wouldn't hold it against you.

Let's face it guys, there are very few bargains on ebay. Bidding on a book is what you are willing to pay for it regardless of whoever else has bid or how many have bid.

Although I agree with *some* of your comments, and think Pimpy is a pretty cool cat, I still don't agree with, condone or otherwise endorse shill bidding.

It's just dead wrong, and it'll be a very dark day constant shilling becomes the de facto way of doing business on EBay.

I think we might have seen the last of Supapimp on these boards......

no tom, that'll never happen, infinitecapicity is notch_top's old ebay user ID beofre it got NARD. and according to matt/dave whatever his real name is, all of you are criminals. well i know one is for sure, i'll post his PM later....he's one paranoid MF'er. blush.gif

But what is the difference between me bidding your book up or you bidding your book up. I as the potential buyer are impacted the same way regardless of who did it.

What about all the punishment bids that go on??????

If those practices can be stopped as well then I am all for it, but they can't!!!!!!!

I only bid on books that I want to buy, plain and simple. Punishment bids are a gray area, since these are technically within EBay's rules and regulations. I don't do it, but if you remember back, one forum member did win a lot and got reamed. You play with fire....

I guess that's the key, we're all playing in EBay's yard, and we have to play by their rules. Shill bidding is totally against the 'Bay-Laws and doing so will get you punished.

alright ladies and gentlemen are you ready for some entertainment? here's one PM from matt/dave/silverage-fan/infintecapcity/notch_top:

Re: Visit...

Sure...

Goblins den , aka roy brock and I did alot of business together (50-70k) back when I started getting into the business heavily.

Looking back he had really gouged an unknowing collector on many books with some very heavy prices. (14-16K for an ASM 8.5 NEARLY 4 YEARS AGO)

But I didn't know much better then I guess.

We continued to do business with many more books , he sent me an ASM 1 9.2 and did not disclose that it was a canadian edition. I paid nearly $2k for that.

He shipped one package of high grade marvels worth about $4-5k and they were lost, delivered to me but never made it to me. Fed Ex left the package on the doorstep apparently. NEVER SAY them!

You get the idea so far.....

Flashforward...We were working on a large marvel collection buy all "highgrade" stuff, mostly VF+ now. For around $30-40k

I was robbed a couple weeks after receiving the books that I put down a $8k ?deposit on. Robbed by someone we BOTH know, whether you know it or not.

I took around a $180k loss and around $8,000 of roys books were taken.

I then contacted roy and told him what had happened, he wanted payment for ALL the books, which was of course impossible. After much "deliberation" he wanted the remaining books back...I could not ship right away as they were involved in a criminal investigation.

I gave roy the head detectives contact info to verify I was telling him the truth. Roy then proceeded to give the cops the idea that I was pulling an insurance scam. Primarilt because of his anger at me, and the fact that I conducted things poorly on my end after the robbery.

He then tried to file a civil suit for the "missing" fed ex package that was insured?? And slandered me from here to kingdom come.

I am sure I am missing many details but that is the gist of it.

You are very naive supa, some of the people that you affiliate yourself with are very bad men. Some have killed people in their families , with a criminal list many pages deep.

Needless to say Roy and I are not on good terms.

no tom, that'll never happen,

Good...you were one of the first posts that I read when I logged into this forum and I for one do not want to see this forum be dimished by the lack of your presence...

Damn right I am paranoid!

I have plenty of cause for that.

At least I don't bid on my own auctions.

You routinely practice this "reserve padding" and also leave feedback for yourself?

infinitecapcity(105) Not a registered user May-09-02 15:52:36 PST 1071776472 S

Praise : ACCURATE GRADER!!! beautiful books and outstanding packaging...EXCELLENT SELLER!

Then you change your ebay screename to a synonym of an old id of mine?

Huh?

I may be paranoid but at least I am not stupid.