• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi...Have We Met Before...And If So When?
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I did not see a thread like this so I thought I would start one up...

Ever wonder where the first time character A met character B? I sure do! And sometimes, the internet is tricky in searching these things. Obviously for two big name characters meeting (like say Thor and Hulk or Hulk and Thing), those moments are well known. But I have often wondered if certain villains and other characters have ever met/battled each other. So this is the thread to post such ponderings and hopefully those more well-versed that I can help answer when people do inquire!

My first one...has Hulk ever met/battle Green Goblin? If so when and what issue?

31 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Hulk is the guest star in Spidey 14, where the Goblin first appears but I don't remember the story to say if they met or not.

Yes and if I recall, Spidey is chasing Gobby and they happen across where Hulk is hiding...but if I recall, Spidey battles Hulk but Gobby stays in the shadows so I don't know if they "met" but yes, definitely appear in the same story!

I'm imagine Osborn Industry must have given some grants to a guy like Robert 
Bruce Banner so their alter-egos would have met previously. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they had been college roommates together.

43 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

...and another cool meeting

6C46E836-5B15-4BD9-A467-04582374D63F.jpeg

Yeah that is one I want to find. I have the Surfer/Drac meeting. Fun little story and like, it makes me wonder why they felt the need to have such a crossover back in the day. Like what went on in the writer's room coming up with that idea??

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah that is one I want to find. I have the Surfer/Drac meeting. Fun little story and like, it makes me wonder why they felt the need to have such a crossover back in the day. Like what went on in the writer's room coming up with that idea??

I used to wonder the same thing. Seemed like the Surfer wasn’t as popular a character as Marvel once thought outside of FF continuity, having cancelled his own series so it was cool to see him appear every now and then. I’d have loved seeing him in Starlin’s Warlock run of the 70s but with his ties to Galactus it would probably end up spotlighting one character over the other for fans

14 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

The Surfer was presented as a Christ like figure in Stan's Silver Surfer series(without Jack), and this may have been the closest the writers could get to having a battle between the Prince of Darkness and pure good(Surfer Messiah).

On 5/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, comicginger1789 said:

What about say...Moon Knight and Silver Surfer? Have they met? When and where!?!?!

This got me thinking...

Well, they did meet in What If? 34 with “What if Silver Surfer, White Tiger, Night Rider, Iceman, and Moon Knight fought Wendigo in a Snowstorm?”.

A4187A0E-C832-499F-A498-1020F3FD5865.jpeg

Edited by habsfan1

I started a thread a while back on the first meeting of Spider-Man and Submariner. I think the earliest we could come up with (not very early) was Daredevil 77 (1971) — not very early for these 2 silver age stalwarts. Anyone know of an earlier meeting of these two?