• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Spring feature auction looking interesting

92 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2021 at 11:12 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

Anybody notice that this auction seems to have a collection being sold with the mark for it being them all having Stan Lee sigs?  32 pieces total I was able to see with one in the last focused auction for 33 total.

Are they authentic? 😂 

13 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

I remember The PWJ issues with the Wolvie x-over were a huge deal when the were 1st announced and it was a major comics event.  Even though the local stores here in Toronto ordered very heavily, they commanded a premium immediately and were very strong back issue seller for quite a while.

I was expecting the page to sell for around $40K, but $73K is a very strong price.  Congrats to the seller!!!

That comic was a huge deal for sure, but the OA was always lower than other Jim Lee art, no doubt because of the Carl Potts layouts/pencils.  I know sales a few years ago are not comparable, but this splash went for way more than the cover!

Malvin

Edited by malvin

1 hour ago, sfilosa said:

Wanted the Larsen Amazing Spider-Man splash. Missed as I was the underbidder. While ending price was high, way better page then the one that sold on Heritage a week ago (in my opinion).

I think this one underperformed in comparison to other pages that sold recently on HA.

10 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

low finish @ 19 k , kind of surprised given the other finishes tonite

Well, this one's not on par with the fight page that sold at heritage for $28.8k (with a potential resale listed that I won't confirm until I see it in a collection). 

The clink page was nice but it's Spidey-Sewer-Rat-Tossing, and well executed, but not a real fight page like the Ha one. 

A year ago, everyone would have been shocked if this page had sold for $9k...much less the 19k today. 

11 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Well, this one's not on par with the fight page that sold at heritage for $28.8k (with a potential resale listed that I won't confirm until I see it in a collection). 

The clink page was nice but it's Spidey-Sewer-Rat-Tossing, and well executed, but not a real fight page like the Ha one. 

A year ago, everyone would have been shocked if this page had sold for $9k...much less the 19k today. 

Good points. Kravens last hunt pages have indeed taken a jump in realized prices in the last year. Its the Wild West at these auctions nowadays with prices all over the map, I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more KLH pages coming to auction with these big numbers, I wonder what the covers could fetch??....

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

7 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

Any thoughts on the Colan/Palmer DD91 page with a bit of DD and widow at over $6k?

My thought is you should sell some of yours (including the one you got from me last year). :tonofbricks: Definitely seems like a very high price for something with no action.