• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do sealed books/magazines need to be removed before sending?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I submitted a magazine that was still sealed in the plastic wrap.  There was no space for notes where I could tell them to open it.  Will they automatically remove it or do they need my permission?  Could it be rejected?

Absolutely do not need to remove before sending.  They will open it and grade it.

BUT you might or might not not get your bag and other inserts/stuff back.  

AND your book might get damaged during the opening.

AND it might turn out the book might have some other defect you didn’t know about that would have prevented you from submitting in the first place.

BUT as originally stated, you absolutely can submit it sealed.

4 hours ago, Sofa King 👑 said:

You have to give them permission tho.

Hit or miss if you don't include a note. Sometimes they just do it, sometimes they hold up the submission to contact you about it.

Edited by Fisionbomb

Just now, Fisionbomb said:

Hit or miss, if you don't include a note. Sometimes they just do it, sometimes they hold up the submission to contact you about it.

I have already submitted without that. What can I do now to fix this?

1 minute ago, Fisionbomb said:

Hit or miss, if you don't include a note. Sometimes they just do it, sometimes they hold up the submission to contact you about it.

Ah okay they will contact me. Seems like an obvious one to open. Just a Nintendo power magazine in a clear plastic bag 

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

It's always best to remove it yourself for inspection, but obviously it's too late for this particular case.

Agreed. If you can do it yourself, do it. Don't leave it for someone else, they might not be as careful as you.