• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Gold
2 2

15 posts in this topic

Offering maybe a dozen GA, mostly low grade over next 2 days. Just one book this morning, a few more this afternoon, the rest tomorrow. 

Rules:

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason.  Paypal, CK, or MO accepted. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking.  If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs for US shipping Priority envelope or box, well protected. 1-2 books could also go First Class Mail envelope between cardboard. If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

Edited by whomerjay

going to post 2 more comics tonight and try to find more for tomorrow night. 

Out of This World #1 1950 Horror Pulp with Kubert comic inside. $150

I lifted this description from somewhere (can’t remember):

Oddball 1950 science fiction pulp magazine from Avon - Out of This World #1, 1950. Stories by a few big names - A.E. van Vogt, Ray Cummings, Lester del Rey, William Tenn - but the big feature is that it contains a 32 page full color comic book bound into the issue. What's bound in is Avon's Out of This World comic #1, not including the cover, also published in 1950, with art by Joe Kubert and John Giunta, and one story ("Crom the Barbarian") by Gardner Fox. Like much late Golden Age material this one has become pretty highly sought after, going for big bucks. 

Grading pulps is hard. Most copies I see of this are pretty ratty, this one is in pretty good shape wrt to the cover and the inside Kubert comic. Like many pulps, a lot of overhang with the cover.

Out of thi world pulp 1 a0001.jpg

Out of thi world pulp back0002.jpg

Out of this world inside.jpeg

Out of this world spine.jpeg