• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN!!!---Please grade my Star Wars #4 35 cent variant ADAMANTIUM
2 2

47 posts in this topic

I'm curious how it will grade

IT IS DETACHED BOTTOM STAPLE

so do I have to request a blue label?

or will it automatically get one, since it is not the only flaw? and it will be a notation on the label?

star wars #4 35 cent variant front.jpg

star wars #4 35 cent variant back.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I never personaly had a comic with a detached staple/cover graded, but I believe that you will get a blue label with no more than a 4.0 grade for this particular type of flaw.

There has always been some confusion on the green vs. blue labels, but I understand it to mainly be something like a page or pages missing, missing staples, writing on the cover, etc.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE
Grammar

15 minutes ago, Thanks Dew said:

Poop+

You're not actually going to slab this, are you?

If so = :screwy:

I'm going to say 1.8U here, with a label notation regarding the staple. Let's run with that for argument's sake.

A 1.8 slab of the Star Wars #4 35 cent variant (which this does appear to be, rather than a reprint or other shenanigans) would be the new bottom-of-census copy, so it's tough to make definitive claims about market value. However, based on the value drop-off from higher grades, GoCollect guestimates a 1.8 would be worth about $160. That's probably enough money to make slab-and-flip marginally worthwhile anyway, but I suspect this will outperform the estimate.

The 35 centers don't come up all that often, and recent sales have been, um, pretty good. So far this year, there has been a 5.0 go for $650 and a 7.5 for $1500. Both of those sales were above the computed FMV and the 7.5 was especially above even long-term trends. I wouldn't be extremely surprised if this book could squeeze out a $200 offer against a $225 or 250 advertised BIN.

The math is a little tighter if this only comes back 1.5, but I'd probably still take the gamble here.

1 hour ago, Qalyar said:

I'm going to say 1.8U here, with a label notation regarding the staple. Let's run with that for argument's sake.

A 1.8 slab of the Star Wars #4 35 cent variant (which this does appear to be, rather than a reprint or other shenanigans) would be the new bottom-of-census copy, so it's tough to make definitive claims about market value. However, based on the value drop-off from higher grades, GoCollect guestimates a 1.8 would be worth about $160. That's probably enough money to make slab-and-flip marginally worthwhile anyway, but I suspect this will outperform the estimate.

The 35 centers don't come up all that often, and recent sales have been, um, pretty good. So far this year, there has been a 5.0 go for $650 and a 7.5 for $1500. Both of those sales were above the computed FMV and the 7.5 was especially above even long-term trends. I wouldn't be extremely surprised if this book could squeeze out a $200 offer against a $225 or 250 advertised BIN.

The math is a little tighter if this only comes back 1.5, but I'd probably still take the gamble here.

There was a sale of this book yester day at cgc 7.0, that sold for $900+

still I had this at 1.0/1.5, compared to my Jimmy Olsen that came back 1.8, so I got this raw for $5 

so it's a modern and only $21 total to ship and have graded. I'm not too much of a "star wars" collector, in fact this is 1 of maybe 4 comics that I own of Star Wars.

I'm mainly having it slabbed to determine grade and perhaps make it more liquid BUT

I'm probably not going to sell it, as I don't have doubles of it, and I tend to only sell doubles or under copies :) 

1 hour ago, Thanks Dew said:

Poop+

You're not actually going to slab this, are you?

If so = :screwy:

it's only $21 lol I'd pay $21 more on this $5 copy that it cost, just to have it more stable to sell, long down the road haha :foryou: 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's only $21 lol I'd pay $21 more on this $5 copy that it cost, just to have it more stable to sell, long down the road haha :foryou: 

What is your next target to buy as a comic with what you are selling?

Just now, Namtak said:

What is your next target to buy as a comic with what you are selling?

I have some doubles almost done at cgc that I'll be willing to sell, Avengers 83, ASM Annual #16, but to buy, it has not been quite determined.

I'm at a box hunting period until a rake up enough funds for a bigger purchase :) 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:22 AM, Funnybooks said:

Let's get back on course...how was this show ever greenlit?

crazy batman GIF

0040d7774aee8f58412488f3fd72bc24.jpg.30d0bcf701568c2bf01f1e404ff36bde.jpg