• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason Moore The Dead #1- #2 Stolen Original Art - HELP
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Many years ago, back in the early 90's I was the artist on a zombie comic called The Dead published by Arrow Comics.

I was at the Motor City Comic Con in 1993 and all of my original interior artwork from The Dead #1, #2 and the tame and gory covers for each issue were stolen from my table.

I had all of the original artwork in a FedEx box under my table and after packing up for the day on Friday, I left the FedEx box with originals under the table by mistake and the next morning I discovered the box was gone.

I have been on the search for any originals from that box over the years and I have only found 2 originals from issue #1 for sale online.

They were Pg 1 and Pg 14 from The Dead #1 and they were sold on Heritage back in 2009.

I contacted Heritage a few years ago in hopes of trying to contact the winner of the two auctions but that ended up no where.

So, at this point I'm hoping that someone here might know who was the winning bidder on these two pages from my comic.

I would LOVE to get at least one of them back some how so that I have one page from the first comic that I ever did the artwork for. I would simply love to have it back home with me after so many years.

Here's links to the completed Heritage auctions for your reference

The Dead #1 Pg 1 Original Art by Jason Moore

The Dead #1 Pg 14 Original Art by Jason Moore

Thanks everyone for any help!

Jason Moore

Jason HA may not have been receptive to contacting the buyers on your behalf. That’s to be expected.

Sometimes HA has a function related to art they sell where the active buyer will entertain a best offer on the page. Is that function open in the two pages?

Im very sorry to hear about your misfortune but I hope you get at least 1 page back.

21 hours ago, grapeape said:

Jason HA may not have been receptive to contacting the buyers on your behalf. That’s to be expected.

Sometimes HA has a function related to art they sell where the active buyer will entertain a best offer on the page. Is that function open in the two pages?

Im very sorry to hear about your misfortune but I hope you get at least 1 page back.

Hi,

Thank you!

Yea, that feature was on both pages a few years ago and I made offers but it is no longer available on the pages.

I was just hoping that maybe the owner of the pages or someone who knows the owner might get me in touch with them.

I would also be interested in getting in contact with the person who consigned them to Heritage for auction but that will never happen LOL

Best,

Jason