• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frazetta covers at Warren
2 2

33 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, RedRaven said:

Hi Randall et al.

I still read/check the magazine thread almost daily. I just don't post much as I have made a concerted effort to change my online behavior in regards to social media. However, I do still enjoy discussing comic magazines, more specifically, the history and the people behind them. I think I will start participating a bit more on the forums but solely in the context of the magazine forum. It is an oasis on these boards IMO.

I don't collect anymore as I have almost everything I wanted from comic magazines with the exception of a Blazing Combat 1 (and the collecting drive is much diminished at this point anyway). I've been thinking about doing some data analysis and visualizations based on my local copy of the GCD database. I may share those on here If I can find time to muck with a few side projects. 

This is an older video I put together years ago on Frank Frazetta. It utilizes a GIT code commit visualization library in which I transformed Franks output into what looked like code commits. I have much better tools and skills for this sort of thing now just no time to do it. I am five years in with a German startup which I helped start and time constraints are insane.

Data visualization of Frank Frazetta's credited work in comic books from 1947 through 1970. Data is culled from the Grand Comics Database. Selection was based on Frazetta's name as a wildcard match as penciler on any comic book before 1970. A strict chronology is not guaranteed as missing months or dates are defaulted to 01 in both cases.

Thanks for sharing this.  It's really best viewed on a large display because there's some pretty obscure work in there that I'd never seen before!

Understood on the work demands.  It's nice to know that you're still around, sir!  (thumbsu

They put more clothes on her; I guess she din't have a Brazilian wax...