• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive list of Walmart Editions
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Is there one, specifically? I know that the community has assembled a list of DCU variants, price variants of various types, CDN/UK/AUS printings, and so forth.

In particular, I'm curious about any physically distinguishable ... printings/editions/variants/what-have-you. Even if the distinguishing characteristic is pretty small. Actual cover changes. Price variants. Indicia text changes. Hell, different barcode numbers are fair game.

1 minute ago, Qalyar said:

Is there one, specifically? I know that the community has assembled a list of DCU variants, price variants of various types, CDN/UK/AUS printings, and so forth.

In particular, I'm curious about any physically distinguishable ... printings/editions/variants/what-have-you. Even if the distinguishing characteristic is pretty small. Actual cover changes. Price variants. Indicia text changes. Hell, different barcode numbers are fair game.

Search for Comics, Creators, Characters, and more (leagueofcomicgeeks.com)

13 hours ago, Qalyar said:

Hmm. Nice resource, although ideally I'd love a list that indicates the distinguishing features on the Walmart exclusives, especially when they're not otherwise obvious.

And some of them like strange academy and spiderverse have had multiple walmart releases. Maybe we should all get together and make a better list?

I haven't seen a comprehensive list, unfortunately, and I don't think League of Comic Geeks is fully updated with them. At least they weren't when I checked about a week ago. I think, like what was suggested above, we could work together and do it here. I've been buying and researching (somewhat) them this year, so I have a good number from the last few releases.

As for differences, they ALL pretty much have no UPCs, grey backs, and different colored titles. And then the more obvious ones have exclusive covers with different art altogether. I don't know if there's any special info in the indicia except for the print date, though I'm not sure if they coincide with the normal print runs or not.

Back to a community list, we could try and list all pertinent info for each book: cover art info, noted differences from regular prints (colors, backs, no UPC, etc.), indicia info, and, if we know it, wave number/release dates. I suspect that last one will be difficult, but we can use our personal purchase info, YouTube video dates, etc. to come up with estimates.