• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any comic shops near Emerald Isle,NC ?

9 posts in this topic

Sadly no. I live in jacksonville about 25 minutes away from emerald isle and the closest shops are in wilmington or new bern. The shop in New Bern doesnt have a whole lot as far as back issues outside of moderns. Memory Lane in wilmington is a great shop but caters more towards new books. Fanboys in Wilmington has a decent back issue section though. Let me know if you need anything while your in the area!

I 2nd Memory Lane.  They have a smaller back issue section, but are going to have great wall books/keys.

Jacksonville does have The Comic Book Room / Bargain shop.  I have found a few things here and there.  But sometimes their prices are way high.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:32 AM, Toz said:

I'll be heading there on vacation soon & I need an injection of new blood on back issues as I'm not going to be hanging around the beach that much.

When you say emerald isle you relly mean oa right?

79335c3ceebde9a4317c0610f42ae2ddad3b5f27r1-293-222v2_uhq.jpg

On 5/26/2021 at 3:55 PM, StingerMcK said:

I 2nd Memory Lane.  They have a smaller back issue section, but are going to have great wall books/keys.

Jacksonville does have The Comic Book Room / Bargain shop.  I have found a few things here and there.  But sometimes their prices are way high.

i honestly cant stand that place. I was told to leave the store years ago for asking about his pricing.  Wont buy anything there. Hes basically preying on the military. 

2 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

i honestly cant stand that place. I was told to leave the store years ago for asking about his pricing.  Wont buy anything there. Hes basically preying on the military. 

My last experience was terrible at Bargain Shop. I found a stack of about 30 ASM issues I needed and they processed to look up the price for every issue on eBay. Took forever and of course some of the books tripled in price. I passed on them. 

Edited by StingerMcK

15 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

My last experience was terrible at Bargain Shop. I found a stack of about 30 ASM issues I needed and they processed to look up the price for every issue on eBay. Took forever and of course some of the books tripled in price. I passed on them. 

sounds about right. Its def a pawn shop mentality in there. Are you local to the area? i need more folks to talk comics with here lol