• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon Prime's THE TOMORROW WAR starring Chris Pratt (2021)
2 2

25 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Me too. The RT score was in the 50’s while the audience score was in the 80’s. Worth a look to me.

I don't get it when critics rally around taking a film down hard. Like there are hardly any redeeming value in a film.

But then again, many are former directors and screenwriters that could never break into the industry. But if they had been involved in this film, they would have...

critic.gif.970769f68390c5434a8c7bbccc074fab.gif

38 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I don't get it when critics rally around taking a film down hard. Like there are hardly any redeeming value in a film.

But then again, many are former directors and screenwriters that could never break into the industry. But if they had been involved in this film, they would have...

critic.gif.970769f68390c5434a8c7bbccc074fab.gif

Audience scores are much more accurate. Critic scores are trash. 

For example

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wars-episode-viii---the-last-jedi

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Thank you. Going to watch it this weekend.

:martini:

It definitely has an 90’s action film feel to it. It was certainly better than Independence Day or films like that...

Good Cast, great FX, and more story than I expected. 

4 hours ago, piper said:

It definitely has an 90’s action film feel to it. It was certainly better than Independence Day or films like that...

Good Cast, great FX, and more story than I expected. 

I had a really good time with this movie. Even later on with the interaction between the main character and the Colonel, even a little emotional for a moment.

Nothing that is going to win an Oscar. But not every movie needs to be Oscar-worthy to be a good time. The critics are being hyper-sensitive in tearing what is a summer popcorn film apart.

Really good cgi monsters and fight scenes.

Everything else was terrible. Spoiler alert - if watching the good guys cut through the hull of a spaceship with a....wait for it...handheld circular saw doesnt bother you in the slightest...then full speed ahead!

Is it actually harder to write scripts that make some kind of sense?

Good, not great. You can spend time counting all the "references" aka borrowing from every other science fiction movie out there but really good CGI that makes up for the story. And of course, they had me at the line "conspiracy Santa......"