• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your predictions for one year from now.
5 5

107 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

FTFY. I know I've only actually been a member here for a few years, but I've lurked for a VERY long time, since the Ewert Scandal. Not saying i remember anything, but there's definitely more people pronouncing themselves something before actually bothering to actually be it. 

Wow. I haven't heard Jason Ewert mentioned in the last 5 years. Funny the things we forget.

While people will correctly point out the extra income many have had with stimulus checks and inflation in general as a reason for the rise in the past year its also true that many who were previously in the hobby were priced out due to rising prices and personal financial hardship. Not everyone kept their job and kept making money during the pandemic, many of whom are now getting back on their feet and back into having disposable income again. In addition to that the speculators have been speculating on movie rumors/announcements that have been fairly stale for the past year. Once Hollywood picks up in full force again and movies start rolling out speculators will be all the way in. Look at it like this, Marvel drops casting for an X-Men movie, or a trailer, and all of the sudden you think the speculators are going to stop at that point and sell off? Nope, they’re going to double down and buy every d-list mutant first appearance at whatever price they can. Sure people will have other things to spend money on like vacations but for these people it’s just a form of gambling. People still went to Vegas everyday prior to the pandemic and gambled, even when they had other things to spend their money on. 

Will there be an overall pullback? Probably, eventually, but don’t see it in a year from now. My guess is a slight correction if any at all.

Edited by wiparker824

I predict that if I decide to unload all the undergrounds I've been carting around for 30-40 years, they will start accelerating in value the day after I've sold the last one.

22 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I predict that if I decide to unload all the undergrounds I've been carting around for 30-40 years, they will start accelerating in value the day after I've sold the last one.

I need some Corben underground. Got any ?

13 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Got ya

cheers !

I like him as an artist, more so his later stuff, but his writing in the early underground days failed to engage me.

2 hours ago, rjpb said:

I like him as an artist, more so his later stuff, but his writing in the early underground days failed to engage me.

Storylines was a mixed bag, agreed. But his style, mood, narratives. Man, I was blown away. Still am to this day. 

For almost the last 10 years people been saying the bubble is going to burst. I will continue to double down and say it won't. It's not crazy to think that people will start spending elsewhere. That people will get tired of not getting returns on their investment. But it's hard for someone to sell something for much less than they paid. Any rumor or news will make something increase more. People hear all the takes about how someone makes money with comics and makes them want to try it. Always new people coming into the game. Bubble isn't bursting. Best case prices level off. Probably continue to rise.

54 minutes ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

For almost the last 10 years people been saying the bubble is going to burst. I will continue to double down and say it won't. It's not crazy to think that people will start spending elsewhere. That people will get tired of not getting returns on their investment. But it's hard for someone to sell something for much less than they paid. Any rumor or news will make something increase more. People hear all the takes about how someone makes money with comics and makes them want to try it. Always new people coming into the game. Bubble isn't bursting. Best case prices level off. Probably continue to rise.

The difference between the last 10 years and the last 10 months is the rate of increase.  Are you buying in at current prices?  

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The difference between the last 10 years and the last 10 months is the rate of increase.  Are you buying in at current prices?  

I steadily buy on average 5 books a day on ebay this past month or so. Before that was maybe 5 a week. Prices are great for what I am buying. Few things that were staples have caught on but I fiund replacements. I don't touch nm 98 xmen uf4 hulk 181 etc. 

Next year?hard to say,things wont settle down this fast.but five years,i predict moderns will settle a bit ,now some copper modern can be worth more than ga sa.my génération setling in wanting books from their childhood ect .i think right now is the best time to go for some ga sa horror war ect.walking dead 1 has settled down already other moderns rises,in 5 years price of some will increase exponentially but more stable and interest for older books will sink in deep.it always been that way one era rises others sink a bit then it goes backward,theres always been a war for old and modern clashing against the other but not like we are seeing right now,even modern marvel card is going crazy!:ohnoez:in my opinion 5 years for a better understanding of new développent and evolution.ga sa will be back baby!!