• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Changing a submission after mailing.

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Greatwhite said:

I sent a Moon Knight 1 in for a press and a grading. It is still sitting at CGC received. I just saw that the Artist is doing a signing. Any way to contact CGC and have the submission moved to the SS?

I'd call them via the Contact page.

10 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Damn, I'd call back and ask to speak to a manager.  That's some bull poop if they can't pull your submission and move it to a different pile.

it isn't about just moving a book to a different pile

stop for a second and put yourself in the company's position .... first they have to even locate the book, the invoicing and billing would be different and would all need to be redone, there is no window bag on the book (something they say they will not accept for SS submissions) .... if they make an exception for one person how many others do they need to do the same for .... logistical nightmare not to mention liability to them if something happens to the book in the process.

14 minutes ago, StillOnly25Cents said:

it isn't about just moving a book to a different pile

stop for a second and put yourself in the company's position .... first they have to even locate the book, the invoicing and billing would be different and would all need to be redone, there is no window bag on the book (something they say they will not accept for SS submissions) .... if they make an exception for one person how many others do they need to do the same for .... logistical nightmare not to mention liability to them if something happens to the book in the process.

Customer satisfaction trumps in this situation.  When I ask for a signature to be added to a particular book, does my facilitator tell me "tough luck" because they don't want to go dive through the pile of books to make the addition?  No.  Why should a million dollar business provide worst service than someone operating a private business out of their home?  Logistically, I would hope that when my book is received, it's assigned a barcode or reference number and then filed away until it's my turn to get graded.  If a customer wants a book changed, it should just be the case of pulling up the reference number and identifying where that's stored.  This shouldn't be like diving for the Ark of the Covenant at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  As with anything else, money talks.  The fact that a book isn't in a windowed bag shouldn't be a limiting factor.  They charge $5 to remove a book from a slab.  Go ahead and charge $5 for a windowed bag then.  Just another add-on service/source of revenue.  As a customer, I'd happily pay $30 for some intern to go find my book instead of taking the risk of the book being mailed back to me, then having to package it up, pay shipping charges, slabbing charges all over again, and the added time the book is with the post office.

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Customer satisfaction trumps in this situation.  When I ask for a signature to be added to a particular book, does my facilitator tell me "tough luck" because they don't want to go dive through the pile of books to make the addition?  No.  Why should a million dollar business provide worst service than someone operating a private business out of their home?  Logistically, I would hope that when my book is received, it's assigned a barcode or reference number and then filed away until it's my turn to get graded.  If a customer wants a book changed, it should just be the case of pulling up the reference number and identifying where that's stored.  This shouldn't be like diving for the Ark of the Covenant at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  As with anything else, money talks.  The fact that a book isn't in a windowed bag shouldn't be a limiting factor.  They charge $5 to remove a book from a slab.  Go ahead and charge $5 for a windowed bag then.  Just another add-on service/source of revenue.  As a customer, I'd happily pay $30 for some intern to go find my book instead of taking the risk of the book being mailed back to me, then having to package it up, pay shipping charges, slabbing charges all over again, and the added time the book is with the post office.

sounds like you have all the makings to start your own successful grading company .... good luck in your venture