• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending in an un-cracked slab for a signing event.
1 1

5 posts in this topic

This is the first time I am personally sending in a book to get graded and I'm not sure if CGC will crack open the slab before it gets signed. I read that you have to send a book with a windowed sleeve into signing events, but I'm not sure if that is at all required.

11 hours ago, the1supaguy said:

This is the first time I am personally sending in a book to get graded and I'm not sure if CGC will crack open the slab before it gets signed. I read that you have to send a book with a windowed sleeve into signing events, but I'm not sure if that is at all required.

They won't.

9 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

They won't.

False. They absolutely will, and if you wish you can send your own window bag along with the slabbed book for them to use for the signing. 

(Note: The book will be regraded, no guarantee at all that it will receive the same grade it had before being cracked out)

Yeah, as posted above it will have an additional charge for cracking.

Also keep in mind it could change the grade of the previous slab. But it will keep prior signatures and the same serial/registry number.