• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM The Human Fly #1---Spider-Man appearance
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hello again...got three more for your viewing pleasure.  I bought this one off a fellow boardie not long ago, but forgot to ask for a BC picture.  I had a brain fart...so sue me!! :roflmao:

The seller estimated a NM-.  I was admiring the front cover (is nice!!), then I turned it over and almost fell out of my chair.  The last couple of pics show a possible production crease/wrinkle...or possibly not.  It goes through the back cover (I can feel it, it's pretty obvious) and it looks like ink transfer and/or soiling has potentially embedded itself in the 'crease'.  Estimates, please...and do you think a press will fix a lot of this.  Thanks!! (worship)

20210602_120752.jpg

20210602_120801.jpg

20210602_120812.jpg

20210602_120820.jpg

20210602_120842.jpg

20210602_120858.jpg

Edited by Galen130

10 minutes ago, Amazeron said:

9.2. I wonder if that Orca movie of the back is any good.

It was okay.  Came out around the same time as Airport ‘77.  Typical 70’s action flick.  🤣

On 12/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Someone will buy this? I had a stack full a couple years back I had to give away. Has Human Fly even seen use in the past two decades?

Don’t think so, not that I’m aware of.  But if I can get a few bucks for comics like this, it will help fund other ventures I’m looking into. 👍🙂

On 12/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Someone will buy this? I had a stack full a couple years back I had to give away. Has Human Fly even seen use in the past two decades?

I think the ownership has legal entanglements plus its a forgotten property of a cheap jack  Evil Knievel ripoff. That said I did like the book a lot having found a near complete run in the quarters bins as kid in the mid 80's.

There was a rumored potential low-budget movie a few years back. Not sure how easy it is to find investors who want to lose money :)

A bunch of Fly 1's in CGC 9.8 appeared on eBay from Feb-May 2020. It was approx 1 per week from same seller.  The prices varied widely and for a while dropped each week but bounced near the end. Shows that a 1970's #1 issue from Marvel in 9.8 will always have at least some demand.

Anyhow I will say a borderline 9.0.  If raw then I'd say better to advertise as 8.5 and have a happy customer than state a 9.0 and have one who will thinks your standards are very lenient.

Edited by MAR1979