• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reslabbed and Pressed
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I have an older cgc signature series slab I got off of ebay and I want to get it reslabbed with the newer slabs and get rid of the current newton rings. With that being said, would I be able to send my cgc slab to CGC to get it first pressed (as it could definitely use a good pressing) and then reslabbed? I know you can get your older slabs updated with the new slabs but can I also get it pressed before getting it reslabbed?

On 6/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, randylaf said:

I have an older cgc signature series slab I got off of ebay and I want to get it reslabbed with the newer slabs and get rid of the current newton rings. With that being said, would I be able to send my cgc slab to CGC to get it first pressed (as it could definitely use a good pressing) and then reslabbed? I know you can get your older slabs updated with the new slabs but can I also get it pressed before getting it reslabbed?

Yes, you definitely can but I THINK the only pressing service CGC would allow at this point to retain the SS label is CCS.

3 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

Yes, you definitely can but I THINK the only pressing service CGC would allow at this point to retain the SS label is CCS.

oh yeah that would be my plan to use CGC pressing service as I definitely want to retain that yellow label. Thank you!

4 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

There are a couple of pressers that can retain yellow label .  Also a few of the facilitators for the Signature Series can take the book for another signing to add Signature and press the book before sending it to CGC. Many options available.  

26 minutes ago, ___!___!___ said:

Maybe not as many as before:

Well.. That is just BS.. CGC just being cash grabbing Aholes. CFP and Joey have been a HUGE part of their business and industry for a LONG time. Really hope they choke on that decision.  They just keep coming up with ways to drive customers away. If a real viable alternative does come into the industry CGC shot themselves in the foot with the garbage they continue to do.

I am sure you can still use their facilitators. Since they are considered part of the company. Also a lot of those do offer their own pressing. 

On 6/4/2021 at 11:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

There are a couple of pressers that can retain yellow label .

15 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Absolutely, if you use CCS or other select pressers.

This is no longer the case. Those pressers have been revoked, it is a new development. Now only CCS (aka CGC) can remove a signature series book from a slab and press it if you want to keep the yellow label. 

If any of your have SS books sent to those pressers that have yet to reach CGC, I would contact them asap.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

This is no longer the case. Those pressers have been revoked, it is a new development. Now only CCS (aka CGC) can remove a signature series book from a slab and press it if you want to keep the yellow label. 

If any of your have SS books sent to those pressers that have yet to reach CGC, I would contact them asap.

This was mentioned just above. I still believe the facilitators can work on CGC SS books as they are directly affiliated.  

8 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This was mentioned just above. I still believe the facilitators can work on CGC SS books as they are directly affiliated.  

Yup, facilitators can crack open a book and add another signature, but you'd have to verify if that facilitator can press the book or must send it to CGC/CCS. Lots has changed now, we can't assume it's the same as before, no matter how logical it may sound. Also with the current state of things, there are a lot less options since facilitators do their thing at events most of the time and there aren't as many these days.

Basically, if the OP wants to reslab and press, then the main option here is to send to CGC/CCS directly.

Edited by William-James88

On 6/5/2021 at 2:13 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well.. That is just BS.. CGC just being cash grabbing Aholes. CFP and Joey have been a HUGE part of their business and industry for a LONG time. Really hope they choke on that decision.  They just keep coming up with ways to drive customers away. If a real viable alternative does come into the industry CGC shot themselves in the foot with the garbage they continue to do.

I am sure you can still use their facilitators. Since they are considered part of the company. Also a lot of those do offer their own pressing. 

The reason they stopped is not just based on keeping everything in-house. Too many self-entitled wanna be pressers and facilitators were calling CGC and asking why some were allowed, and other were not allowed to CPR yellow labels. It got to be too much and CGC made an executive decision. I don't blame them TBH...but, as in most cases, the few ruin it for the many. You can thank many of the Facebook pressing groups for this change in events. 

2 hours ago, joeypost said:

The reason they stopped is not just based on keeping everything in-house. Too many self-entitled wanna be pressers and facilitators were calling CGC and asking why some were allowed, and other were not allowed to CPR yellow labels. It got to be too much and CGC made an executive decision. I don't blame them TBH...but, as in most cases, the few ruin it for the many. You can thank many of the Facebook pressing groups for this change in events. 

It definitely sucks when the few ruin it for the rest. I appreciate the reply. Just want to say thank you for the services that you have and continue to provide.  I still prefer to use you. Unfortunately with the Signature Series that option is not longer there, but to be honest I do not do near as many of those anyway.  Thank you again!

28 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It definitely sucks when the few ruin it for the rest. I appreciate the reply. Just want to say thank you for the services that you have and continue to provide.  I still prefer to use you. Unfortunately with the Signature Series that option is not longer there, but to be honest I do not do near as many of those anyway.  Thank you again!

CPRing yellow labels is a tiny, tiny fraction of my work. The only real impact it will have on me is knowing my loyal customers will have to go elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

CPRing yellow labels is a tiny, tiny fraction of my work. The only real impact it will have on me is knowing my loyal customers will have to go elsewhere. 

Glad it will have only a tiny impact. I know I will still continue to send all of my regular books through you. Always greatly appreciate the work you have done/continue to do and the spectacular results. Thank you again.