• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 CGC "No. 1 Piece" from the Front Cover
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Over the years, I’ve owned a number of pieces from Action Comics #1: including pages 2, 3, 4 (still own), 5 and 7.

Those are all incredible pieces. But I can say without hesitation, this front cover “No. 1” tops all of them.

Although it may be small in stature, similar to an Inverted Jenny, it’s one of a kind, from the most important single piece of paper in comic book history.

Thank you to CGC for doing such an incredible job with it. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, szav said:

I'd be sending it to IGB ..a little color touch to the blue area, a few pieces added and voila, purple label 9.8

You joke,and yeah 9.8 is, but here is where someone had a coverless Superman #1 and 2 piece of original cover ( Logo , Superman) that when taped to reprint cover still got a .

0.5 Universal.  

20200720_221411.thumb.jpg.18447b3020d85ac9d3953061df0cac48.jpg

15 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I decided to have my original "No. 1 "piece from the front cover of Action Comics #1 slabbed by CGC.

I could not be happier with the results.

I believe this may be the smallest piece ever slabbed by CGC, but well deserved given the historical significance.

action1_1.jpg

action1_2.jpg

action1_cgc_cover.jpg

:whatthe: They forgot to put Glue on front cover :makepoint: Just kidding looks great and now you can go after 2 on up since you have a 1 :whistle: