• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are DC silver age books THIS cheap?!
1 1

13 posts in this topic

There are a ton of common 12 cent comics both Marvel and DC that are really not worth much - your particular book might be a $10 or $20 book but many a collector might not even pay that since today it is all about keys, movie characters and cool covers.  Right now you can buy this issue for $159 on ebay in a CGC 9.4, which speaks volumes about lower grade prices for it.  Regardless if you love comics and love reading them - a dollar find like this is fun - enjoy :cloud9:

my 2 cents :preach:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194154305273?hash=item2d347f96f9:g:f0oAAOSwoBRgq6F5

12 cent Superman's in the 200s are usually priced from $15 to $25 in mid-grade...more for high grade.  I'd say you got a deal.  When you get to the 20centers and above, I usually only pay 50 cents a book for high grade because they are as common as dirt.  Where did you say this store is? hm

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

2 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

12 cent Superman's in the 200s are usually priced from $15 to $25 in mid-grade...more for high grade.  I'd say you got a deal.  When you get to the 20centers and above, I usually only pay 50 cents a book for high grade because they are as common as dirt.  Where did you say this store is? hm

I know you’re joking but it was TFD Comics and Games in Alpharetta GA, I’m happy to send them some business 🙂

I wish I could sell these books for $15-$25 in mid grade. I'd offer them for $5 and halfway thru the show reduce it to $3. 

These mid 1960s DCs sold in greater numbers than their Marvel compatriots and are in less demand. A perfect storm that may be a great opportunity for DC collectors.

On 6/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, BrooksR said:

Picked this up at a comic shop last weekend. I know it’s nothing special but can you imagine finding ANY 12 cent marvel book for a dollar? 

Depends on the store.  I know at least one that likes to occasionally seed the dollar bins with good items.  Best I got was probably a Fantastic Four #66 around 4.0 for a dollar, a few years ago.  They're open very limited hours and space because Covid right now, so nothing from them in a while.

But yes, I have no trouble imagining 12 cent marvel books for a dollar still.  Probably not as nicely presenting as that Superman 211, though.

54 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

But yes, I have no trouble imagining 12 cent marvel books for a dollar still.  Probably not as nicely presenting as that Superman 211, though.

There is literally no marvel or dc silver age book I wouldn’t buy for a dollar 😄, even in terrible shape they’re awesome to me

Just now, BrooksR said:

There is literally no marvel or dc silver age book I wouldn’t buy for a dollar 😄, even in terrible shape they’re awesome to me

There are very few 12c books I won't buy for a dollar, full stop.  Generally only if a) I already have the book, or b) there are too many choices.  Always fun when b) happens.