• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Incredible Hulk 181
3 3

18 posts in this topic

I haven't yet gotten sick of seeing this issue. I hope you haven't either. Thanks for taking a gander and for your feedback.

Cover shows moderate wear with some color rub. The top right corner has a color-breaking crease. The book's biggest flaws are the color-breaking creases at the bottom right corner. The back cover shows moderate creasing and slight foxing. Pages are W-OW. MVS is intact.

Full disclosure - this copy has been pressed.

Thanks again.

20210608_083238.jpg

20210608_083255.jpg

20210608_083300.jpg

20210608_083306.jpg

20210608_083317.jpg

20210608_083336.jpg

20210608_083349.jpg

20210608_083400.jpg

17 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

5.0 seems right. Too nice for 4.5 and I wonder if the size of the crease keeps it from 5.5. Should keep from a 6.0 so 5.0-5.5 seems the right range here. 

That was my internal debate...I don't feel the longer single crease would keep it out of 6.0 range but the couple of other adjacent creases keep it in the 5.0/5.5 range in my eyes..

2 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

That was my internal debate...I don't feel the longer single crease would keep it out of 6.0 range but the couple of other adjacent creases keep it in the 5.0/5.5 range in my eyes..

Good point. I always find I am harsh with creases in my own grading. It probably could get a 6.0 if there was just the one but multiple small faint ones likely bump it back slightly. 

1 hour ago, comicginger1789 said:

Good point. I always find I am harsh with creases in my own grading. It probably could get a 6.0 if there was just the one but multiple small faint ones likely bump it back slightly. 

That back cover is so clean tho...I'm an rump man so that may have tainted my bias :applause:

Edited by Funnybooks

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

5.0 seems right. Too nice for 4.5 and I wonder if the size of the crease keeps it from 5.5. Should keep from a 6.0 so 5.0-5.5 seems the right range here. 

5 hours ago, Funnybooks said:

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

And this is why I post. Your internal debates match my own. I can grade the vast majority of my collection with informed accuracy. But some books are a little harder. 

It looks better than a 4.5 to be sure. A grade of 6.0 could happen if the stars align and it's graded on my birthday. I've been calling it a 5.5.

Thanks very much for the feedback!

Edited by grendelbo
spelling