• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If I get a book signed and graded by one person and then if another person is doing a signing, does CGC crack the book?

5 posts in this topic

So I need help. Skottie Young is having his CGC in house signing. I'm sending in my Strange Academy 3 Alex Ross Doctor Strange cover variant. So when Skottie signs it and it come back graded already, and then if I see Alex Ross is at a con or doing an in-house signing, how does that work? Would I bring/send in the slab and a CGC rep cracks it? And will the label still have the original signature dates on them?

Thanks for the help everyone! :banana:

2 minutes ago, Clay Johnson said:

So I need help. Skottie Young is having his CGC in house signing. I'm sending in my Strange Academy 3 Alex Ross Doctor Strange cover variant. So when Skottie signs it and it come back graded already, and then if I see Alex Ross is at a con or doing an in-house signing, how does that work? Would I bring/send in the slab and a CGC rep cracks it? And will the label still have the original signature dates on them?

So if you are wanting to have a CGC sig series books signed by someone else, send them the book in the slab. If you crack it, even if you send the label with it, there is not guarantee that that book and label go together, from their eyes. Let them crack the slab, they will witness the additional signature being added, and reslab (hopefully with the same grade as before) all for the low low price of insert fee amount here. 

8 minutes ago, Clay Johnson said:

If you have it signed by a CGC facilitator, then it will keep the current signature date(s) + the new signature date(s). Chain of Custody must remain under CGC's purview.

4 hours ago, Clay Johnson said:

Send it still in the slab, they will crack it for you.

On 6/8/2021 at 12:16 PM, Clay Johnson said:

Yes, and:

On 6/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Chain of Custody must remain under CGC's purview.