• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel SA Key Price Chart

12 posts in this topic

Decided to do some analysis on Marvel SA Keys.

What this chart represents:

1) Thirteen Major Key Issues in grades from CGC 7.0 to CGC 9.0 (Issues include AF #15,ASM #1, #14, Avengers #1, #4, Daredevil #1, FF #1, #5, JIM #83, ST #110, TOS #39, TTA #27, and X-Men #1).

2) As long as there was one sale shown during the period, that issue in that grade is included.

3) Understand that I'm using the first sale shown in GPA. Therefore, if the first sale of a books was for $2,000 in May 2003, I have included that in the chart at that price going back to June 2002 (the start of GPA data). If there isn't a sale of that book for a year, then the price is used in every months calculation.

4) This is a percent change chart from the first sale. Therefore every book is weighted equally. One of the flaws with other charts is they are based on actual price. Causing more expensive books to overshadow changes in less expensive books.

Please feel free to comment or ask questions.

949435-KeyChart.JPG

949435-KeyChart.JPG.7d4865b2c18e3cb4f49fc9abc39d185e.JPG

aw, your ejust trying to make us feel a bit better in all this Ewert mess all around us!

Actually it shows that if you bought at the peak time (right at the time of Spidey Movie #1 or a few months after), it took over a year to get your money back. And a 23% return over three years is good but not spectacular, especially since these are key books.

The one thing to remember is this is only from known sales, and not Dealer sales or ComicLink.

The issues I listed, and the grades were 7.0,7.5,8.0,8.5,9.0.

There were two or three issues that did not have one sale in that grade, so those were excluded.

All the data is coming directly from your database. thumbsup2.gif

aw, your ejust trying to make us feel a bit better in all this Ewert mess all around us!

Actually it shows that if you bought at the peak time (right at the time of Spidey Movie #1 or a few months after), it took over a year to get your money back. And a 23% return over three years is good but not spectacular, especially since these are key books.

The one thing to remember is this is only from known sales, and not Dealer sales or ComicLink.

interesting stuff here..........

the annual rate of return from 10/03 to 06/05 is approx 12-13% and that's very good in almost anyone's book...............

interesting stuff here..........

the annual rate of return from 10/03 to 06/05 is approx 12-13% and that's very good in almost anyone's book...............

There was basically a huge upswing in key prices in early 2004. Most of the gain happened then. I remember starting a post about it.

Many of those books seemed to have leveled off but obviously one of the flaws with my data is there really aren't a lot of sales at the top end 8.5, 9.0. So a lot of the month to month movement is due to 7.0-8.0 sales.

"the annual rate of return from 10/03 to 06/05 is approx 12-13% and that's very good in almost anyone's book..............."

well, don't forget you lose a chunk of that to ebay fees, maybe paypal fees and to shipping (albeit that is small on books like there)

of course, the same can be said about selling a home.

with low commission brokers, less the case with stocks.

I sold a AF 15 CGC 7.0 Off White for $8000 cash exactly two years ago. Not verifiable, but it could easily be sold for more today - probably $9500 without too much sweat.