• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Surfer #3

43 posts in this topic

Hello there, and welcome to the boards!!! :golfclap:

I agree with @SOTIcollector...even in the bag, that comic is not in Near Mint condition.  I suggest taking some quality pictures of the comic, in good lighting and out of the bag, and post it in the following thread:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Boardies here will give their estimates on the grade before you attempt to sell it.  Along with eBay and other online/social media platforms, you could try selling it here in the forums under Marketplace.  Best of luck!!! (thumbsu

As said, its a reprint and not in mint condition.

The actual Silver Surfer 3, I would desire in a heartbeat. If you offered the above book to me for $10, I would pass versus if you offered me an actual Silver Surfer 3 for $10, I would not be able to get my wallet out fast enough (and would likely pay you more because I have somewhat of a conscience). 

What you have is a cool reprint of a valuable book and your book is maybe in 6.0-7.0 range for condition. 

Edited by comicginger1789

6 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

As said, its a reprint and not in mint condition.

The actually Silver Surfer 3, I would desire in a heartbeat. If you offered the above book to me for $10, I would pass versus if you offered me an actual Silver Surfer 3 for $10, I would not be able to get my wallet out fast enough (and would likely pay you more because I have somewhat of a conscience). 

What you have is a cool reprint of a valuable book and your book is maybe in 6.0-7.0 range for condition. 

I did forget to mention that.  Haven't had enough coffee. :facepalm: 

To @SilverSurferSeller, this is Fantasy Masterpieces #3...1979 series. 

8 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

@SilverSurferSeller

Here is the actual issue of SS #3 from 1968...note the differences 

image.jpeg.67d872e69b9c0e27fba7a4cc673c8d81.jpeg

There are more differences than just the cover.  Several of the interior pages have been edited so the OP's book is not even an exact reprint of the original.

Original poster's book is probably $1...maybe less depending on the show...

Edited by pemart1966

On a bright note, it's a cool read. I have a few of these Fantasy Masterpiece reprints of the original SS.

My kids and I will read them at bed time from time to time. If your into comic books at all, Stan was really proud of the work he did on this series. The art is great and the stories are pretty good.  

Edited by KCOComics

To the original poster:

off the top of your head, what does “near mint” mean to you?

On 6/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, Bob Troub said:

Another new member forever crushed.....

Yeah seriously. New guy shows up, gets politely and properly informed about what he's got, then the carnage ensues. 

Welcome to the boards @SilverSurferSeller, enjoy being able to read a reprint of SS3 without worrying about shedding hundreds of dollars or more if you bend a page. 

On 6/9/2021 at 10:49 AM, Jeffro. said:

The only way that would be near mint is if the OP photographed it next to this

DOS-MINTCANDY-2.jpg?v-cache=1540904437

Wow, in all my years of being on the forum that by far is the absolute best idea in marketing a collection while attempting to attract buyers who demand near mint and only near mint comics. 

4 hours ago, jcjames said:

Yeah seriously. New guy shows up, gets politely and properly informed about what he's got, then the carnage ensues. 

Welcome to the boards @SilverSurferSeller, enjoy being able to read a reprint of SS3 without worrying about shedding hundreds of dollars or more if you bend a page. 

It's sad. :frown:  Just imagine the contribution that could and likely would be made by somebody who clearly knows little or nothing about comics and chose that username.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:28 PM, SilverSurferSeller said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to comic books, but I recently came into a Silver Surfer #3 in near mint condition. Where would be the best place to sell something like this to someone who would really appreciate it?

IMG_0123.jpg

You can donate it to a local charity, I am sure it would be appreciated.

10 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
15 hours ago, jcjames said:

It's sad. :frown:  Just imagine the contribution that could and likely would be made by somebody who clearly knows little or nothing about comics and chose that username.

Maybe he will show up again

silversurferseller.jpg.223d1d1af0121f8cc9266f5b79fbc042.jpg