• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #10 WTF

19 posts in this topic

Cap and Daredevil are the only two Marvel titles I buy - and I have to wait another month for the next chapter in the Bucky mystery because Marvel wants to do a House of M tie-in. Not giving a flying F about this cross-over "event" I'm pizzed that I spent money on some alternate reality overview of Cap's life - sure Brubaker did a decent job writing it, but it's got nothing to do with why I pick this title up every month.

At least Marvel didn't screw up Daredevil with this stupidity.

Cap and Daredevil are the only two Marvel titles I buy - and I have to wait another month for the next chapter in the Bucky mystery because Marvel wants to do a House of M tie-in. Not giving a flying F about this cross-over "event" I'm pizzed that I spent money on some alternate reality overview of Cap's life - sure Brubaker did a decent job writing it, but it's got nothing to do with why I pick this title up every month.

[insert cry-baby graemlin here]

hi.gif

give them a chance

When done poorly crossovers hurt the regular titles they cross over with.

And DC isn't off the hook either. "War Crimes" brought all momentum of the Red Hood storyarc to a grinding halt in the regular Batman title and "City of Crime" in Detective and whatever shenanigans were happening with Hush in Gotham Knights.

Speaking of crossovers. What of the spiderman event, the others, or some such thing. It's forcing you to buy 3 titles--for 4 months. I'm not a fan of that. frustrated.gif

I buy all the Spidey titles every month regardless, doesn't bother me much.

As for War Games, I bought the "Batman" issues, but that's it. Waited for the trades to read the entire story, which I kinda enjoyed.

I was referring to "War Crimes", not "War Games". Although I had no use for that one either. "War Crimes" ran thru the August 2005 Batman titles.

I don't buy Spider-Man comics anymore. I stopped with "Sins of the Past" and the end of Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man storyarc.

1sinspast.jpg

(Thanks to the Beyonder for the appropriate image)

But launching a new title, even one with such a great creative team, in the middle of a crossover seems pretty short-sighted. "The Other" doesn't even look interesting based on the solicits and the preview art, so I have no regrets.

I deliberately skipped buying #10 when I saw the HoM

stripes on the cover.

thumbsup2.gif

Joker--

You are a wiser man than I - I didn't even notice them until I got home.

I missed it as well. I was pretty annoyed by the whole thing.

But launching a new title, even one with such a great creative team, in the middle of a crossover seems pretty short-sighted. "The Other" doesn't even look interesting based on the solicits and the preview art, so I have no regrets.

I was going to buy it until I saw that they were launching in the middle of this crossover business.

"The Other" doesn't even look interesting based on the solicits and the preview art, so I have no regrets.

Really? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif We definitely have completely different tastes when it comes to comics and stories.

I was going to buy it until I saw that they were launching in the middle of this crossover business.

Which is why I haven't wasted money on the most of the Infinite Crisis crossovers. I'll buy the main maxiseries, but that's it.

Which is why I haven't wasted money on the most of the Infinite Crisis crossovers. I'll buy the main maxiseries, but that's it.

It's not exactly the same thing though. The IC crossovers aren't new ongoing series.

I couldn't agree with you more....2005 has cured me of my 25 year Marvel fetish. I really enjoy Bendis, and the house of M mini isn't too bad, but the crossovers are absolutely horrible...as for Spider man...the best part of his stories lately are the avengers appearances.....

I couldn't agree with you more....2005 has cured me of my 25 year Marvel fetish. I really enjoy Bendis, and the house of M mini isn't too bad, but the crossovers are absolutely horrible...as for Spider man...the best part of his stories lately are the avengers appearances.....

Hmmmm... let's see.

Multi-title crossovers -- check

Bad writing -- check

Bad art -- check

Variant covers -- check

New series popping up every week - check

Looks like 1995 all over again.

I was referring to "War Crimes", not "War Games". Although I had no use for that one either. "War Crimes" ran thru the August 2005 Batman titles.

I don't buy Spider-Man comics anymore. I stopped with "Sins of the Past" and the end of Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man storyarc.

1sinspast.jpg

(Thanks to the Beyonder for the appropriate image)

I stopped there too. Not because of storyline, but PP was going no where. Look forward to see Morlun again.

Most of DC's crossover are okay they tie in some. HoM just really sucks especially if compared to Infinite Crisis at DC.