• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Damaged cards returned?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone had an issue making a claim with CGC for damaging cards? One was PRISTINE when sent in, the other got a grade I was expecting (roughly)

Looks like one was dropped showing the silvering on the top of a card as well as a corner ding and they both now have ridges in them that were NOT there when sent in. Ironically in the exact same spot

If ya'll want to look, certification numbers are as follows:

3859609001- Neo Genesis Typhlosion

3859609002- SM Promo Shining Lugia

If you look at them, there's damage to BOTH cards in roughly the exact same place, pictures of the back show it best. 

Now Typhlosion was sent to them in PRISTINE condition, now it shows the same damage as the Shining Lugia, as well as Silvering/Bend at the top of the card as well as a nick in the top right corner (back).

Does anyone know what their policy is on Damaged cards? Or how rough the process is?

17 hours ago, TylerR said:

Has anyone had an issue making a claim with CGC for damaging cards? One was PRISTINE when sent in, the other got a grade I was expecting (roughly)

Looks like one was dropped showing the silvering on the top of a card as well as a corner ding and they both now have ridges in them that were NOT there when sent in. Ironically in the exact same spot

If ya'll want to look, certification numbers are as follows:

3859609001- Neo Genesis Typhlosion

3859609002- SM Promo Shining Lugia

If you look at them, there's damage to BOTH cards in roughly the exact same place, pictures of the back show it best. 

Now Typhlosion was sent to them in PRISTINE condition, now it shows the same damage as the Shining Lugia, as well as Silvering/Bend at the top of the card as well as a nick in the top right corner (back).

Does anyone know what their policy is on Damaged cards? Or how rough the process is?

I think you would be fighting an uphill battle here, as there is no way of knowing/proving CGC in fact damaged the cards. Them being damaged in the same location means its possible that there was some kind of damage/impact to the package in transit to them (so they would not be responsible for damage caused in transit to them. If you insured the package being shipped to them and can get something from CGC stating that they were received in the damaged condition you might possibly be able to follow an insurance claim through whoever you shipped through.

Problem is I know it will be an uphill battle, markings don't show anything a USPS sorting machine would do. With them being in a top loader as well.. It almost looks like it was damaged from sitting in the warehouse under a stack of boxes for the 2 months it took for the express order.

Unfortunately I'm not sure as nobody will want to take responsibility for the side damage.. But the other damage wasn't there to one card when sent in. 

More of a pain and disappointment that something that could've been a decent blank check is now trashed.