• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phantom Lady 17

4 posts in this topic

Some years ago - maybe 3 to 5 years or possibly more ... there was a Phantom Lady 17 thread about the high grade copy that was sold through Pacific Comic Exchange long ago.  .  How can I go back and find that thread - it appears that the limit for searches is about 3 years ... but I sometimes see people pull up and refer to much older threads. 

I believe the thread was started by one of our long time board members who is still active on the boards and was the owner of the book.  He was wondering where it was and how it graded?  I can't remember which member it was that owned the book - but again I believe it was one of regulars and owner of some great books - but I can't remember which one ...  perhaps he'll see this or someone else will who can help me get to that old thread.

waaaghboss thanks for the reply.   I'm still trying to find the PL 17 thread where one of our board members talked about the copy he listed on Pacific Comic Exchange years ago.  Apparently once a thread is cold for three years it still exists by your google search - but there really is no way to get back to it unless someone who posted in it either resurrects it - or you can dig it up with a longshot outside search with google.

On 6/22/2021 at 11:15 PM, blackterror said:

Some years ago - maybe 3 to 5 years or possibly more ... there was a Phantom Lady 17 thread about the high grade copy that was sold through Pacific Comic Exchange long ago.  .  How can I go back and find that thread - it appears that the limit for searches is about 3 years ... but I sometimes see people pull up and refer to much older threads. 

I believe the thread was started by one of our long time board members who is still active on the boards and was the owner of the book.  He was wondering where it was and how it graded?  I can't remember which member it was that owned the book - but again I believe it was one of regulars and owner of some great books - but I can't remember which one ...  perhaps he'll see this or someone else will who can help me get to that old thread.

I was the owner of that book. Rotor sold it to Al Capp and he sold it to me. I believe it was listed as a NM on the exchange, but it wasn’t. It was an amazing, fresh looking copy but it had small spine stress and a tiny hole. Pink pages.