• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 reprints of Marvel/DC Crossover - How many printings does each book have ?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

the four standard size reprints of the oversized tabloids - I always thought that they say "second printing" in the indica because they reprinted the original books. Now I see that there are "first printings" also. So how many printings do

The Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans
Superman and Spider-Man
Superman vs. the amazing Spider-Man
Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk

have ?

What does your copy say and where did you get it from ?

Best regards,

Archi

@K.P.D. That was my initial thought. But I have three copies of Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk, and each of them is a second printing. So I guessed there were only second printings available. Only when I got my Superman and Spider-Man copy and saw "first printing" in the indica I started to wonder.

On 6/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, K.P.D. said:

I just meant a second print can't be 12 years later. Plus the obvious size difference.

I’m a little late to this but thought I’d add:

In book collecting these 1995 reissues would probably be classified as a “first thus”

Roughly speaking, that’s when a book is reissued and there’s enough of a time difference and differences in format/content that, while not a “true first edition”, it merits being it’s own first edition of sorts with a new set of printings, a “first thus”.  

My guess would be that all these 1995 reissues have first printings.